Question From 1050TI to 3060RTX [Same FPS]

Oct 14, 2024
I recenty upgraded from a 1050TI to a 3060RTX 12GB OC series. However i feel 0 diffrence in fps and i might even worse. I am comparing these cards in Dota 2 on ultra settings. Dont tell me that the CPU bottlenecks the GPU, it is impossible. And yes, I have used DDU to remove the old drivers.

Benchmark Report

Intel Core i5-12600KF
32GB HyperX Fury 2400mHz
MSI MAG A650BN
MSI PRO B760M-P DDR4
MSI Nvidia GeForce 3060RTX

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How old is the PSU in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard?

32GB HyperX Fury 2400mHz
This is where you're losing performance, you should've gotten a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz tight latency ram kit to get an uplift from your platform. Speaking of platforms, you should've also looked at a motherboard with VRM heatsinks.

Reactions: carevitch
Oct 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How old is the PSU in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard?

32GB HyperX Fury 2400mHz
This is where you're losing performance, you should've gotten a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz tight latency ram kit to get an uplift from your platform. Speaking of platforms, you should've also looked at a motherboard with VRM heatsinks.
Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply, yes I have already used DDU. I bought all the components this spring, everything is new except of RAM its from old built.
BIOS/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.60, 9/9/2023

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2024
Dota2 is largely single threaded.
I suspect that you were cpu limited before the gpu upgrade.
What do you mean? It is an i5 12600K, which boosts to around 4.3 GHz without any overclocking. What kind of CPU do I need to buy to comfortably play 10 year game. Lol.
Some folks are saying my RAM is affecting my CPU performance.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2024
What is the make/model of the monitor you are using?
Is it connected via HDMI or DP?
What level of fps are we talking about?
Perhaps it is the monitor that is limiting you.
I do not know what FPS you consider decent.
Here are the requirements for stalker2:
https://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/stalker-2

12600K is a very good processor. It should not be a major limiter in any game.
I have a 165Hz FHD monitor connected via HDMI. I’m aiming for a stable 200-250 FPS at FHD resolution. I should probably start by upgrading the RAM.