From Dust Has a Glorious Engine for God Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
the engine looks real nice, the gameplay however looks very unappealing, but this is just a first look. thats not to say it wont be interesting to play. i used to play populous and i really enjoyed sacrifice by shiny entertainment, while it was more rts sided, it was still a beautiful game at its time and was a change of pace.

from dust has potential.

wonder if it will have drm lol

G

it seems like populous 3 WOOOT !they have already sold me i am SO on board .... the only thing that will kill it will be the DRM ....

it is so sad that one has to worry about if a game will work at all thanx to extra software that publishers add ...

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Well... not so realistic... there is no steam when the lava hit the water ;-)

The natural physics appear to be really good. Really good starting point. Go Ubi go!

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I hope it plays slower than black and white. My problem with Black and White was that it was simply too hard to do everything. So hard in fact that your people would die at home, nothing would get built, and you would lose the game because you were controlling your army. You almost literally needed to be in two places at one.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I will definitely have to keep an eye on this. Looks very interesting! I loved Populous back in the day, along with some of Bullfrog's other games. Black & White, not so much. And Sacrifice was a fun game too! Wouldn't mind seeing a new version of that as well!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Reminds me a little of black and white but better..and without the pet and hand.[/citation]
Black & White and also Populus from back in the day. Definitely looks cool.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
I cant find the Engine's name or any information on it. I am so curious about the fluid physics they implemented and how well it runs on CPU...

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
hopefully it wont contain some silly drm.

i never finish my ac2 game because my savegames banished to oblivion for some odd reason after a power failure. (thanks youtube for showing me the ending).

Status
Not open for further replies.