dhillan96

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Hello all, I have a MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard, however the front audio outputs do not work, when I plug in my headset the mic does not connect and no sound come through at all the same is with the back audio ports.

I have speakers but they only work when they are plugged in the monitor, I have installed/ reinstalled the realtek driver but still nothing.

The headset is a turtle beach z11 headset; I upgraded the motherboard from a gigabyte H81-S2h it was working with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
UPDATE
I managed to get it working by installing the realtek HD audio manager from the Realtek website as it was not already installed.

The mic works however the Realtek HD audio manager doesnt seem to load up when clicked on but oh well.
make sure you have the latest proper audio drivers installed from the MSI product support page for your motherboard. if they've been updated since you got the motherboard any issues causing this could have been fixed.

also, with my current system; whenever i want to use my headset i have to actually go into Windows > Control Panel> Sound and set the headset as the default audio device each time.
if your monitor is set as the default device, it could just be not outputting sound to your speakers or headphones.

there's also a possibility that the motherboard is just bad and it's onboard sound isn't functioning.

I have speakers but they only work when they are plugged in the monitor, I have installed/ reinstalled the realtek driver but still nothing.
the headset works for sound but the mic doesnt show up in the control panel it says nothing is connected.
what does Device Manager show for Audio inputs and outputs, Human Interface Devices, and Sound, video and game controllers?
and does it show any errors or conflicts anywhere?

dhillan96

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
UPDATE
I managed to get it working by installing the realtek HD audio manager from the Realtek website as it was not already installed.

The mic works however the Realtek HD audio manager doesnt seem to load up when clicked on but oh well.

Last edited:
Solution