Wolfxmw

Commendable
Apr 18, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm here again with an age old debate of while front mounting an AIO the tubes should be up or down. I've recently bought Deepcool LS520 and mounted it to the front with tubes facing downwards. I showed the images to a friend and he told me to mount it the other way around. I've seen a lot of videos regarding this and trust me I think I'm kind of dumb. I watched Bitwit, Linus, Gamer's Nexus and all I could get from all of them was "Tubes Up Bad" "Tubes down Good" but here is my friend who says I'm doing it wrong and might end up destroying the life span of my AIO. Need some pointers on what orientation is good and what is bad. Thank you!

Image of my AIO Configuration

Yes, you should. It's already been proven. If you watched the video I don't know why you're even asking the question. Steve doesn't make videos and in no uncertain terms tell people not to do a thing without doing all of the required research and testing first. And there are maybe a handful of people in the world that I'd trust on the subject of ANYTHING he has done the testing on and reported back with the results about, without question, and he is one of them. Anybody says anything contrary to what he has said in that video is full of crap and doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

I could make a video that is contrary to what he has to say in that video too, and seem legit. The difference is, it would NOT be legit, and the testing Steve does is some of the most extensive and most legitimate in the entire industry. If he says a thing is a certain way you can 99% of the time take it to the bank.

Reactions: CountMike

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing wrong at all with the config in the image provided. Carry on.

Need some pointers on what orientation is good and what is bad.
Depends. There's a catch 22 with AIO/CLCs revolving around the location of the pump and size/case compatibility, that I could end up making a long post about, which I would prefer to refrain from.

a friend and he told me to mount it the other way around.
Huh...
That'll yield more noise from the reservoir at the end of the radiator - IF the pump lasts long enough.

Sorry, yes, I didn't actually look at the image they posted and assumed they had them at the top like almost everybody has. If the tubes are going to the bottom of the radiator as it is mounted in the case, then it is correct for a front mounted radiator. I should have taken the time to look at the image. My bad.