[SOLVED] Front Mounting An AIO

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Had my Kraken X53 a few months now and initial installation was easy ( using a pull configuration that meant having the fans on the left of the rad )

I was bored so thought i'd set up a push configuration (so the fans are between the RAD and the case ) And also so I could see my RGB fans from the front.

It was a nightmare keeping the two fans and screws in place before attaching and screwing the rad to it.
I had to use some removable adhesive to keep it in place whilst attaching the rad and after that it was fairly straightforward with some trial and error moving the rad around to line up with the holes.

Am I right in saying some cases have a detachable front panel to make it easier ?

You see the front removable panel in this video ( at 2:50 ) which I Don't have unfortunately...
View: https://youtu.be/QtwZGHDmKcg?t=169

Thankfully I managed to fit it in the end and it looks really impressive...

The front panel can be removed, but not the panel with the white circles on it..
20210525-081242.jpg

Solution
A fully removable radiator mounting tray is a feature of a many newer cases, but it's generally the top mount that has the removable tray. Having a fully removable tray on front mounts is a trickier issue because you tend to run into more control panel stuff; while the front panels are mostly removable these days, I can't think of a case that has a fully removable front radiator mount. Not that there isn't one, I just can't think of one if there is.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A fully removable radiator mounting tray is a feature of a many newer cases, but it's generally the top mount that has the removable tray. Having a fully removable tray on front mounts is a trickier issue because you tend to run into more control panel stuff; while the front panels are mostly removable these days, I can't think of a case that has a fully removable front radiator mount. Not that there isn't one, I just can't think of one if there is.

Reactions: simmyx
Solution