[SOLVED] Front panel connectors

Solution
If your power switch is all the way to the right, move it over one. Reset should be all the way to the right.

Their layout is supposed to be indicating Pin 1 for each connector. If you imagine that you would take those labels and put them underneath the pins, I think that is what they were going for.

Most companies just draw a grid next to it, or use colored bases (red,green,blue,yellow) to the pins with the positive marked with a black plus.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Their terrible screen printing would lead me to believe that the positive pin is to the left in the picture you took. This is fairly typical. If your LEDs don't light up, simply flip them around, no harm done. Light Emitting Diode, diodes only let current flow one way.

Power and reset don't really have polarity, they are just normally open switches. All they do is short the two pins together. So just line them up in the same direction as the other connectors.

Reactions: kingsharp825

kingsharp825

Commendable
Jun 23, 2018
Their terrible screen printing would lead me to believe that the positive pin is to the left in the picture you took. This is fairly typical. If your LEDs don't light up, simply flip them around, no harm done. Light Emitting Diode, diodes only let current flow one way.

Power and reset don't really have polarity, they are just normally open switches. All they do is short the two pins together. So just line them up in the same direction as the other connectors.
The pled one makes sense, but power and reset, I don’t get because the power button has a missing pin, wouldn’t that mean it’s the wrong spot?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If your power switch is all the way to the right, move it over one. Reset should be all the way to the right.

Their layout is supposed to be indicating Pin 1 for each connector. If you imagine that you would take those labels and put them underneath the pins, I think that is what they were going for.

Most companies just draw a grid next to it, or use colored bases (red,green,blue,yellow) to the pins with the positive marked with a black plus.

Reactions: kingsharp825
Solution

kingsharp825

Commendable
Jun 23, 2018

One way to find out now! I believe they are correct now thanks to your help, thank you. We’ll see when I power it on later