Question Front Panel Power LED issue

Sep 24, 2022
Hi,
Recently I've finally decided to do a little bit of cable management with in my PC and I choose to tackle front panel cables first as those cables in particular have not been touched since PC was built in 2017/2018 and they would be the quickest to deal with as my case has dedicated holes right near where those cables go to motherboard. I didn't touch other cables as I wanted to be sure that after connecting front panel cables to the motherboard again everything would work as it should be and after that I could tacke everything else.

Now, to my surprise everything, but one small and quite weird thing, worked as it should be. Front panel audio jacks (green/red), 2xUSB2.0, 2xUSB3.0, Reset Switch, Power Switch and HDD LED light all work as intended as they have before. The thing that has however changed is front panel Power LED. It changed color from the usual red to blue and that wouldn't even be a problem if not for the fact that this is quite a strong light compared to the previous red color that was much more subtle and scattered at shorter distance. I've tried connecting Power LED cables to front panel section at the motherboard at the polarities specified in motherboard manual, but I've also tried inverting it and even changing places with HDD LED, to no avail. My motherboard doesn't support changing the color of Power LED light in Bios and to my knowledge (I'm not sure if there even is a manual for it) my case also shouldn't support anything as fancy since it was rather cheap one.

To be honest, to me that light is quite useless anyway so I might as well pull that cable from the motherboard not to bother me, but I'm curious if anyone might have any idea as to what could have happened.

My PC specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K3
CPU: Core i5-7600K
CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fortis 3
RAM: GoodRAM Play DDR4 16GB 2400MHz
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Gamerock 8GB GDDR5
PSU: Chieftec Smart GPS-700A8 700W
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB 2,5
HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB
DVD: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1
Case: Everest Rampage 66 Black Case