[SOLVED] Frontier Fiber Type

Solution
My neighbor is having Frontier installed today. The tech told me that they might run the cable under the house but it depends on the tech. He also looked at the fiber cable that I purchased and said that would work. They connect from the POP using a fiber connector. He also said they could leave the extra 100 feet for me to run after the system is checked out and working.
Fiber doesn't do you any good for connecting devices. You have to have copper coming from the Frontier POP. Just run outdoor rated ethernet cable rather than fiber. Let them put their box where they will support it. Then you run copper from there.

dadalka

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
My neighbor is having Frontier installed today. The tech told me that they might run the cable under the house but it depends on the tech. He also looked at the fiber cable that I purchased and said that would work. They connect from the POP using a fiber connector. He also said they could leave the extra 100 feet for me to run after the system is checked out and working.

kanewolf

Titan
Fiber doesn't do you any good for connecting devices. You have to have copper coming from the Frontier POP. Just run outdoor rated ethernet cable rather than fiber. Let them put their box where they will support it. Then you run copper from there.

Solution