[SOLVED] FSP 650 Hyper M +85 80 plus bronze anyone have a review?

Manzonnie

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
I found this power supply and can't find her any information on it anywhere although I do have a friend that has six of them that he uses for his company and they run 24/7 and I know he's had them for at least 2 years but I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this power supply and if it was any good I saw where the f SP had some really good power supplies and some medical power supplies which I know are good grade but they also had some crappy ones too so any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I found this power supply and can't find her any information on it anywhere although I do have a friend that has six of them that he uses for his company and they run 24/7 and I know he's had them for at least 2 years but I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this power supply and if it was any good I saw where the f SP had some really good power supplies and some medical power supplies which I know are good grade but they also had some crappy ones too so any help would be appreciated.

It's garbage.

While FSP is usually a reputable company, the Hyper is their absolute lowest quality unit, period.
The fact that there are no reviews of that unit and pretty much no comments regarding that platform used for the Hyper M is itself very telling. It means nobody thinks much of it, including FSP, since they never bothered to send anybody (Including regional reviewers in markets outside the US) any review samples. That is generally because a company does not want any bad feedback out there regarding a unit that they could otherwise likely sell a substantial number of units of on the budget market. For mainstream mom and pop or internet browsing machines, or basic office systems, it's probably perfectly fine.

I would not however recommend using such a unit on an enthusiast or gaming built. Even the Orion PSU database doesn't list the platform used for that series or model, so it's either very regionally limited, very low quality or a very old platform. Currently for FSP I'd stick to the Hydro G and Hydro X units if you want something from FSP group.

Manzonnie

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
okay thanks I did find about 9 or 10 personal reviews of the product and every one of them gave it five stars but I think a lot for your input I will probably steer clear of it

It's garbage.

While FSP is usually a reputable company, the Hyper is their absolute lowest quality unit, period.

Solution