Fujitsu Launching Build-It-Yourself PC Service

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I also forgot to mention that I like to design structures through AutoCAD Architecture and then build the supports and utilities for the structure in another AutoCAD program. Currently I'm working on a section of a train station.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I just went on newegg looking at spec for parts battabing I knew what I needed thru open one up and look with my eyes and research... 11 years later and 15 builds later I am a semi pro

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
[citation][nom]bjmarler[/nom]I don't know how they are going to do this. My tower CPU heatsink/fan HAS to be installed onto the mobo BEFORE it's installed in the case. Oh well, who knows?[/citation]
most recent cases have an opening in the side pannel that allow to change the CPU cooler without haveing to unscrew the whole thing...

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
You really would have to be some kind of special to not be able to put together your own desktop. BUT laptop would be the bees knees! Awesome idea, I wonder why no one has done this before?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]MANOFKRYPTONAK[/nom]You really would have to be some kind of special to not be able to put together your own desktop. BUT laptop would be the bees knees! Awesome idea, I wonder why no one has done this before?[/citation]

*Looks at my old Dell Inspirion 6400 laptop*

Hm, in order to clean the heatsink and cooling fan or replace CPU, one must detach the screen, remove keyboard and take apart the chassis.

I hope laptop manufacturers never repeat that horror again, with the exception of Apple.

Massacher

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
sounds like a good idea. though i for see it creating a wave of noobs that will think that they are geniuses because they have built a computer. it takes more than just knowing which parts go where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS