Full Season Pass Content For 'Batman: Arkham Knight' Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
so in other words let continue to work on what makes tons of money and slow everything else down to a crawl.

Good thing I don't pre-order games anymore.

The patch released in the beginning of September actually fixed the performance issues for the majority of people, no there are just a few with issues. The Seasons Pass content was supposed to be coming out in monthly increments since launch but was delayed due to the performance issues with the game. Most of the content has been done for months actually.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/04/batman-arkham-knight-pc-fix/

my point still stands. Release something broken, have people complain, release a half baked patch and than devote all resources to where the game still makes tons of money while putting everything else on the back burner.

If the game is still off the shelf's, which it is, than it is still deemed broken. Just because bought a broken game and now it is less broken for you does not mean it is fixed.

It is still broken. Again, glad I do not pre-order games anymore. 60 bucks for something broken is garbage.

I said for the majority but there are still some who have issues. There are also other issues they are working on.

Point is that the game for the majority of people playing it now runs smoothly without any of the major issues like stuttering and texture pop.

Besides all the DLC is normally done by different departments or even companies so even if they didn;t release DLC it would still take the same time to patch it.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015
Why dont they make full blown expansions instead if they now start with this season pass audacity?
Im not going to play this game before I have all the content available. And I am not going to spend $80+ on a game.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Why dont they make full blown expansions instead if they now start with this season pass audacity?
Im not going to play this game before I have all the content available. And I am not going to spend $80+ on a game.

The bulk of the DLC content is just skins and junk anyway. Even the Season of Infamy content is looking like very slim pickings. I'm not suggesting that you buy the game - in fact, it is probably still unavailable for purchase because of myriad unforgivable technical issues - just pointing out that you wouldn't be missing much w/o the DLC.

$40 for DLC that is insane. I've already beaten the game. I'll just wait until the DLC is all available for $5 on Steam. I could only see spending $40 if it gave me a new complete story line with side missions and hidden items as complex and complete as the original game.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

I enjoyed the DLC in the last game very much. Wouldnt have liked to play it without it. But I bought it when all DLC was released as an all in one pack for not a lot of money (GOTY). Guess I have to do the same here.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i think GOTY editions are slowly disemboweling the community... half the gamers are buying it during the initial release, the other half waiting for GOTY. soon more and more people will wait for GOTY, which will basically promote publishers from releasing broken games. this is especially bad for games that are multiplayer centric.

and this is also the reason i really enjoy nintendo's platform. as of now, they have done very well keeping clear of this BS. their IP's hold their value very well.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i think GOTY editions are slowly disemboweling the community... half the gamers are buying it during the initial release, the other half waiting for GOTY. soon more and more people will wait for GOTY, which will basically promote publishers from releasing broken games. this is especially bad for games that are multiplayer centric.

and this is also the reason i really enjoy nintendo's platform. as of now, they have done very well keeping clear of this BS. their IP's hold their value very well.

or it could make publishers not make goty editions.
if the only way to get the game and dlc is 60$+ and they are willing to hold out long enough, most people will get if for a higher price than they normally would. granted i get most of my AAA games when they hit impulse purchase prices, AAA doesn't make games that i find interesting most of the time... at least not full price interesting.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

I said for the majority but there are still some who have issues. There are also other issues they are working on.

Point is that the game for the majority of people playing it now runs smoothly without any of the major issues like stuttering and texture pop.

Besides all the DLC is normally done by different departments or even companies so even if they didn;t release DLC it would still take the same time to patch it.

If the game was really running smoothly for the majority (which majority? since plenty of PC games got there money back from steam). It should have been back on the shelf. You probably mean the minority that didn't want to get there money back and wants to support of a broken system now that promotes releasing broken games

Till it actually hits shelves again... it is still declared broken by WB. The people that "still have it" are the exclusive beta team that paid $60 for the privilege to play the game on PC. Cause that is how broken it was when it launch.

So what if the DLC is done by different departments or companies. That is pretty much the way MOST full games are done. Some are even outsource to work on full game level development and than when it come back the QA is garbage by the company cause they don't want to spend the money to make sure the game is solid on the PC. For a lame excuse of "It is to hard to code for the PC." At the end of the day resources get pushed away from fixing games that are still BROKEN to areas that will make more money for the companies on BROKEN games and people go hurrah all over it.

Note: Capitalization is done for accentuation.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

If the game was really running smoothly for the majority (which majority? since plenty of PC games got there money back from steam). It should have been back on the shelf. You probably mean the minority that didn't want to get there money back and wants to support of a broken system now that promotes releasing broken games

Till it actually hits shelves again... it is still declared broken by WB. The people that "still have it" are the exclusive beta team that paid $60 for the privilege to play the game on PC. Cause that is how broken it was when it launch.

So what if the DLC is done by different departments or companies. That is pretty much the way MOST full games are done. Some are even outsource to work on full game level development and than when it come back the QA is garbage by the company cause they don't want to spend the money to make sure the game is solid on the PC. For a lame excuse of "It is to hard to code for the PC." At the end of the day resources get pushed away from fixing games that are still BROKEN to areas that will make more money for the companies on BROKEN games and people go hurrah all over it.

Note: Capitalization is done for accentuation.

Elmo,
What happened with the PC game was unfortunate, however your understanding of it is a little misinformed. Your point on releasing games broken however is unfortunately true and that's a complicated beast though it is totally a money issue.

As per another comment, "half" the people do not wait for GOTY editions. If you look at statistics, MOST of the sales occur as pre-orders plus the first few weeks. It then starts to taper off significantly for most games.

While I may WAIT for things to get fixed and prices drop, the average person doesn't do anything of the sort whether it's a parent buying a Christmas gift or whatever.

We really need a way to PENALIZE companies for releasing broken products, and while that SHOULD be handled by people's buying purchases that's unfortunately not solving the issue (UNITY was released broken and actually made a fair amount of money... apparently MORE than it would have had they spend more time to fix it due to the release cycle being tied to ADVERTISING, time of year etc.)

The game is set already for re-release this month. It might also come with a patch to try to help fix other issues.

I think you just don't understand how a company works. When a car is being developed, do you think one team does it all or that different teams work on different parts of the project? And if they are done why would they be set to do anything else.

A lot of the DLC is skins. How would someone whose main job is to create skins and specializes in that area help with coding the games core? What about someone whose job is to create models?

They have a lot of people working on fixing the game but trying to make someone who has no skills in coding work on it is pointless and they are not going to have them sit by idle doing nothing.

Do I agree with the DLC? Most of the time I do not. Sometimes it is decent. I personally bought the SP because I got both AA and AC GOTY editions free (I didn't buy any of the DLC for either game) when they changed from GFWL to Steamworks. To me that made it a justified purchase.

And if you go to the Steam forums the biggest complaint is that the DLC is not out yet. There are a few with issues and a few people have worked on fixes for the game, which I applaud since that is what the PC gaming community has always been about. Hell most of the Elder Scrolls series gets better patches from the community than the developers yet the games are still fantastic games and issues aside AK is a good game. It is just sad it had to have the issues because I think gameplay and story wise it was just as good as City.

Status
Not open for further replies.