Function key not working on gigabyte motherboard

Chiangmaijoe

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I run XP gigabyte ultra durable 3 motherboard. Intel i5 Processor etc. Tried DEL and the Function Keys with no luck. Saw a solution on the web which would involve to take out the batterie on the motherboard and reinstall it. This is for me not possible since I am not an expert and I would not touch the hardware. I just try to boot from the DVD and it does not work.

Chiangmaijoe

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hi, you are a very patient member. I was uninsalling my HP Photomat all in one C7280 with a "uninstall program". When I installed the HP program again it did not work. It went trough all the step real fast but I could not even print the test page. I did get a message that a program was missing. I did this about 3 or 4 times with the same result. So finaly I decided to reinstall XP. Here I run into the problem that I had a newer version of XP on the PC and it recommended to use my version bootingh it from my DVD. A real mess. Unfortunatly I am not an expert and I had to rely on what messages I get. If you may suggest an other way of solving the problem of my HP Printer I may not to need to reinstall XP again. Thanks Joe

Chiangmaijoe

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thanks. The Keyboard is a wireless Logitech keyboard. In the meantime I uninstalled HP Software with HP Uninstall. Then I installed the printer again and I got the same message." The system cannot find the file specified. This is a HP message after THE GRUATULATION FOR A SUCCESSFULL INSTALLATION. HA HA. Yes my XP is Service Pack 3 fully updated.

Chiangmaijoe

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your time spent in regards to my situation. My Keyboard stop working and so did the mouse. I could not log in anymore (could not type the password). Now I have a new Keyboard and a mouse with cable connection. F12 is working !!!! I will start again today with my HP Problem. I may come back with some information. Thanks again for your effort. Joe
My skype: joesinativa and my e-mail: jojo37@loxinfo.co.th
I live in Chiang Mai Thailand (GMT+7)