Question FX-6300

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys. I have an AMD FX-6300 six core processor and I don't know how can I update it. I went to the AMD website and I didn't find it in cpus (sorry bad english)

Last edited by a moderator:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Hi guys. I have an AMD FX-6300 six core processor and I don't know how can I update it. I went to the AMD website and I didn't find it in cpus (sorry bad english)
Reasonable only an 8350 would be an upgrade to consider, it only offers a marginal increase in performance, you might see an average of 5FPS if gaming is your main concern. Your motherboard is going to be the limiting factor, early boards had weak VRM's and could only handle up to a 6300. With a good motherboard and sufficient cooling, you can always overclock and push a little more out of those CPU's.
zZayycA.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019
Reasonable only an 8350 would be an upgrade to consider, it only offers a marginal increase in performance, you might see an average of 5FPS if gaming is your main concern. Your motherboard is going to be the limiting factor, early boards had weak VRM's and could only handle up to a 6300.
this cpu is six core why in task manager it shows only 3 cores