[SOLVED] FX 8350,8300,8320 or 8370(e)

w.cattermoul

Reputable
Nov 1, 2018
Hi

first of all please dont message back saying 'oh fx is bad get ryzen nurrrr' (i only have a budget of around 160 to get motherboard, cpu and psu) and i already have some ddr3 anyways

which processor is the best value/performance for the money? (new)

FX 8300 - $50.00
FX 8320 - $59.99
FX 8350 - $64.99
FX 8370 - $79.99
FX 8370e - $94.99

I will be playing games like gmod (with lots of mods on community servers), BeamNG.drive, Minecraft and GTA 5 Online etc...

I was thinking 8320 or 8350, but im really not sure.
I have an R9 280x btw

thanks in advance

Solution
They're all effectively the same, just with different clockspeeds. The 8350 and 8370 are the ones most likely to overclock the best, and the 8370e and 8300 are better if you can only get a cheap motherboard with weak VRMs due to their lower clocks and power consumption.

I would honestly suggest that you save up some more money and go to a more modern platform if at all possible. Unless you absolutely need a computer now and literally can't afford anything else (even used Intel hardware from 6 years ago), it's not worth getting an FX CPU in late 2018.
They're all effectively the same, just with different clockspeeds. The 8350 and 8370 are the ones most likely to overclock the best, and the 8370e and 8300 are better if you can only get a cheap motherboard with weak VRMs due to their lower clocks and power consumption.

I would honestly suggest that you save up some more money and go to a more modern platform if at all possible. Unless you absolutely need a computer now and literally can't afford anything else (even used Intel hardware from 6 years ago), it's not worth getting an FX CPU in late 2018.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All those chips are effectively the same, just overclock to get them at the same clock frequency and there you go.

If you are stuck with DDR3, I agree, nothing wrong with an Intel i5.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAJ26SK0974

Not ideal when it comes to power supply though.

Also lots of 3rd gen hardware out there. As long as you can get a board and CPU you could attempt to resell the rest of it.

Be warned some OEM PCs do use proprietary power supplies, though adapters are out there for most of the older ones. Check moddiy.com or even amazon and ebay for adapters.

But you might be able to track down some good individual 4th gen chips and boards.