[SOLVED] FX-8350 getting overheated?

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Hello So recently i downloaded tom clancy's ghost recon wildlands free trial cause i wanted to check if i run it smoothly and i noticed that my cpu is going up to 78C it is the only game that make my cpu go so high its normal temps when gaming is about 60C-70C and i would like to ask if it is safe to buy it
My specs :
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU:GTX 1050 Ti OC
16GB RAM
also my gpu gets to only 55C-60C

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
until you get to the 80s you should be OK - those things do run hot - which is a bonus if you live in a cold climate. Well that 1050TI is low end - so wouldn't expect the temp much above that

What kind of case fans? I have seen ppl have the 120s in the front blowing into the case, and the ones in the back also blowing into the case..

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
until you get to the 80s you should be OK - those things do run hot - which is a bonus if you live in a cold climate. Well that 1050TI is low end - so wouldn't expect the temp much above that

What kind of case fans? I have seen ppl have the 120s in the front blowing into the case, and the ones in the back also blowing into the case..
i really don't know what kind of case fans i have sorry.

D

Deleted member 1560910

I disagree this CPU losses massive performance when it heats up I suggest you keep it under 50 under full load

How are you monitoring temperatures? 62C is the maximum rated temperature set forth by AMD before thermal throttling.
The FX series is notorious for false readings using most common programs. AMD Overdrives thermal margin is the only reliable way to measure FX series temps.

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
How are you monitoring temperatures? 62C is the maximum rated temperature set forth by AMD before thermal throttling.
The FX series is notorious for false readings using most common programs. AMD Overdrives thermal margin is the only reliable way to measure FX series temps.
Im using a program called Speccy

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Its a bit low, but you are not currently overheating.
At this point, you can watch it to ensure you dont start overheating, but I would consider possibly cleaning your existing cooler (which still hasnt been mentioned),
i Don't know exactly what cooler it is the only thing i know is that it is an amd also is there a way to check what temp is the cpu?