[SOLVED] G. Skill Memory not working@advertised speed.

forbannet

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
Hey guys,
My main rig is:

CPU: I7-7800X
Motherboard: MSI X299M Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Ram: G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-16GVK [64GB Kit, 4x16GB Sticks]

My wife's rig:
CPU: I5-7640X [I know lol...]
Motherboard: ASRock X299 Taichi
Ram: G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C16-16GTZR [Brand new]

My F4-3200C16 kit that is pretty old, (4x16) works @ Quad Channel 3466mhz CL16 no problem. It works on my PC at these speeds, and also on my wife's PC at these same speeds without a single problem (even default voltage 1.35), no blue screens at all, I've had this old 64GB Kit for like, 3 years +++.

My wife was using a low end 2400mhz kit from Kingston, so I bought her a new kit that is the G Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C16-16GTZR. This memory does not even post at 3200MHZ on BOTH of my rigs. At 3000MHZ only one stick boots up... at 2400MHz they work pretty well. What do you guys think I should do?
I am from Brazil and RMA to the US will be a hassle, and the seller doesn't even know about RMA lol. What do you guys think is happening?

Basically, OLD GSKILL KIT with NO RGB = Great, newer RGB Kits = bad ? [Just kidding].

Solution
XMP is "not working" - weird right? When I turn on XMP, the pc does not boot lol. It keeps failing to post and then boots up at 2133mhz displaying an error.
So I did input every single timing by myself and it is working now it seems, I will keep you guys posted, because it did BSOD at 3200mhz... Weird... Seems like a XMP error that is not working on my motherboard and my wife's motherboard.
My older 3200MHz kit works on both PC, just turn XMP on and you're good to go at 3200MHz...

Well to be honest with you X.M.P is not fail safe. It can still not workout in which case you have to do it manually like you did and now it works. Let me know what happens. Hope you entered in the...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Go inside BIOS and you should see a place where the memory confiruation place is as to get options like stability or performance. Basically you set how the RAM should behave. If its on a performance mode then it won't be able to clock high. So setting that to AUTO or standard or something should fix you up. If you can't find this or it doesn't work out for you then I would say upgrade the BIOS on the machine then I think it will take in the new RAM Kit. Also if X.M.P doesn't work then try inputting in the RAM timings voltage and speed manually and see if it takes that. ✌😲♻🙏

forbannet

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
Go inside BIOS and you should see a place where the memory confiruation place is as to get options like stability or performance. Basically you set how the RAM should behave. If its on a performance mode then it won't be able to clock high. So setting that to AUTO or standard or something should fix you up. If you can't find this or it doesn't work out for you then I would say upgrade the BIOS on the machine then I think it will take in the new RAM Kit. Also if X.M.P doesn't work then try inputting in the RAM timings voltage and speed manually and see if it takes that. ✌😲♻🙏

XMP is "not working" - weird right? When I turn on XMP, the pc does not boot lol. It keeps failing to post and then boots up at 2133mhz displaying an error.
So I did input every single timing by myself and it is working now it seems, I will keep you guys posted, because it did BSOD at 3200mhz... Weird... Seems like a XMP error that is not working on my motherboard and my wife's motherboard.
My older 3200MHz kit works on both PC, just turn XMP on and you're good to go at 3200MHz...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

Well to be honest with you X.M.P is not fail safe. It can still not workout in which case you have to do it manually like you did and now it works. Let me know what happens. Hope you entered in the proper voltage as well. Sometimes people use a higher voltage then the kits stock for stability reasons just throwing that out there. 🙏🎗🤷‍♂️💯

Solution