Question G Skill Trident Z Heatsink/LED Plastic Wobble & RGB FIX/Issues

bornmarvel

Prominent
Jul 2, 2018
This is a question about the WOBBLE/ POSSIBLE FIX FOR RGB ISSUES

So i already have 16Gb Trident Z DDR4 Memory, i Decided to Buy more to have 32. A little present to myself from a horror story dealing with RMA Evga Power Supply And RMA RTX 2080ti.
Little Backstory:
I put together my new PSU i freshly bought and it fried my PC cases Fan controller, Monitor, one SSD all from a sata cable from another PSU because they should be Universal. (moniter had usb plugged into expansion slot controlled by sata) so after this horrible tale of events i purchased a New Case,Graphics card, PSU, and a bonus 16gb of RAM to add to my original. i checked the motherboard and all its slots they work still so i think nothing on that should be damaged.
All Said and done.

NOW TO THE TRIDENT Z and what I'm Experiencing.

RGB ISSUES/ POTENTIAL FIX***
i bought two new sticks, applying both to the motherboard i was greeted with a messege from Bios (memory has changed etc.)
which is normal, after fresh install of windows i applied the MYSTIC LIGHT thru Dragon Center to control both my MPG z390 Gaming PRO MB, MSI RTX 2080 SUPER X TRIO, and GSKILL TRIDENT Z DDR4
At first MYSTIC LIGHT showed all three to control, after a PC turn off and turn on next day noticed the RAM was stuck in Rainbow
MYSTIC LIGHT wasn't showing Controllable DDR4 RGB tried downloading GSKILL app instead that did nothing eventually i fresh installed windows still nothing. i decided to unplug the RAM and put them in new slots and also make sure they are seated firmly. That seemed to fix the issue With Mystic light Until i restarted the PC again. so this time i unistalled MYSTIC LIGHT first before installing GSKILL APP then WOOOO the app allowed me to change the colors finally. even after a restart. it stayed the color i selected.

WOBBLE HEATSINK*
I did happen to make a discovery when Re-Seating the RAM , not sure why but the led plastic seemed to wobble a tad feel wise though not really to the naked eye. i also happened to know the heatsink glue seemed a bit loose and i pressed it back together and it stayed.
though the led plastic seems to wobble still. The RAM works fine, same as the LED's. Not sure if its the new ram or my old two sticks, because was in a rush to get everything back together after my horror story above. my other two sticks seem solid and have no wobble at all. Temperatures of all four are fine as well. not sure if i should RMA the sticks or keep them because i've seen else where some people have the same Issue. though not sure if that's what happens over time to them as they get older.

Would love to hear some feedback. thank you.
ALSO WOULD STONGLY ADISE AGAINST BUYING FROM NEWEGG a story for another time.

Lutfij

Titan
The frosted top of the G.Skill Trident Z's are meant to move a little from side to side. I've worked with 5 kits, and they all do the same thing.

About the RGB, you should know by now that RGB across all components using one app is more or less of a nightmare. If you want RGB, please be aware that they will all resort to being rainbow and the apps often don't control all aspects of the lights in your build and will need revisions to have their issues ironed out.

I've seen the same issue with ASRock, Asus and Gigabyte boards.