Question G.Skill Tridentz or HyperX Predator

filippekar2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
I'm running a gtx 1060 3gb, ryzen 5 1600 on a asrock ab350m pro4 mobo. I'm looking to upgrade my ram. I'm looking through amazon and the best ones I would say are G.Skill Tridentz and HyperX Predator but I'm not sure what the difference is tbh.
I'm getting a 2x8gb with a speed up to 3200MHz and my budget is up to 120 euros (roughly 140$). Please give me some advice. Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need to see the links to both the ram kits. In fact we'd be best off knowing what your preferred site for purchase is. Off of face value, I'd choose G.Skill but that's without knowing what the latencies and ram kits are.

filippekar2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
We're going to need to see the links to both the ram kits. In fact we'd be best off knowing what your preferred site for purchase is. Off of face value, I'd choose G.Skill but that's without knowing what the latencies and ram kits are.
I'm just using amazon.com and as for the links:
  1. https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Preda...+(Kit+2x+8GB)&qid=1561464249&s=gateway&sr=8-5
  2. https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Trid...+tridentz+rgb&qid=1561464186&s=gateway&sr=8-1
It doesn't have to be this specific model. It's just the one I found. If you have any better recommendations, feel free to share.
EDIT: I posted the links to the german amazon I use by accident. These are the new links for amazon.com

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Stick to one thread!

If it's just for aesthetics, then either ones are good to go. If you're looking at performance alongside the aesthetics, you will be better off going with G.Skill since you can tweak the timings to be a little more tighter. The tighter timings will help you with your Ryzen platform. Before you upgrade the ram(without mixing and matching, ofc) make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

filippekar2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Stick to one thread!

If it's just for aesthetics, then either ones are good to go. If you're looking at performance alongside the aesthetics, you will be better off going with G.Skill since you can tweak the timings to be a little more tighter. The tighter timings will help you with your Ryzen platform. Before you upgrade the ram(without mixing and matching, ofc) make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
Thank you very much sir. That helps a lot. I didn't know about the thread since I don't use the site often so sorry about that. Anyways thanks and have a nice day!

That RAM is all the same. You will never tell a difference. I would get the cheaper of the two. For your system look for RAM that is at least 3000mhz or higher, which they both are. They both have a CL of 16 which is pretty standard. You could go for Samsung B-Die RAM with a CL of 14 which is better for overclocking, but in the real world, it just cost more.

Save money, get the cheapest RAM that is over 3000mhz and has a CL of 16.

filippekar2

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
That RAM is all the same. You will never tell a difference. I would get the cheaper of the two. For your system look for RAM that is at least 3000mhz or higher, which they both are. They both have a CL of 16 which is pretty standard. You could go for Samsung B-Die RAM with a CL of 14 which is better for overclocking, but in the real world, it just cost more.

Save money, get the cheapest RAM that is over 3000mhz and has a CL of 16.
Thank you very much. That helps a lot. Have a nice day!

Sep 2, 2019
OMG !!

i think i see the problem now, i don't have the NEO version from g.skill, that one is for x570 ?
and the one's i have g.skill 2x8 cl16 3200mhz are for
X370/X399

mobo's ?

OMG !!! is that it ??? is that's wy i don't see 3200 mhz in cpuid-z ???

Sep 2, 2019
Thank you very much. That helps a lot. Have a nice day!

OMG !!

i think i see the problem now, i don't have the NEO version from g.skill, that one is for x570 ?
X370/X399

mobo's ?

Sep 2, 2019
Thank you very much sir. That helps a lot. I didn't know about the thread since I don't use the site often so sorry about that. Anyways thanks and have a nice day!

OMG !!

X370/X399

mobo's ?

Sep 2, 2019
if you loo at amazon, there u can see for what motherboard it is, so i din't know i bought the wrong stick's for other motherboard. and i have to get the G.skill NEO version for my x570 motherboard i see now.

din't see it on the dutch pc website were i bought it online...

but now i see...

Sep 2, 2019
I'm running a gtx 1060 3gb, ryzen 5 1600 on a asrock ab350m pro4 mobo. I'm looking to upgrade my ram. I'm looking through amazon and the best ones I would say are G.Skill Tridentz and HyperX Predator but I'm not sure what the difference is tbh.
I'm getting a 2x8gb with a speed up to 3200MHz and my budget is up to 120 euros (roughly 140$). Please give me some advice. Thanks

OMG !!

X370/X399

mobo's ?

if you loo at amazon, there u can see for what motherboard it is, so i din't know i bought the wrong stick's for other motherboard. and i have to get the G.skill NEO version for my x570 motherboard i see now.

din't see it on the dutch pc website were i bought it online...

but now i see...

Endre

Reputable

Though I don’t know the exact memory modules, I’d go with HyperX Predator!
HyperX seems to be the “safe” way.
While G. Skill has tons of negative reviews regarding instability.

Endre

Reputable

Sep 2, 2019

that's because they bought the wrong sticks! i also did! stupid me !
i need the NEO rgb for my x570 mobo. not the normal rgb trident z they are for x390 and Z... Mobo's.

TRENDING THREADS