G.Skill's Phoenix II SSD Using SF-2000 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]jonathan1683[/nom]so if you put them in raid0 you can get 1GB a second?[/citation]

not quite, it says up to 500mb/s... that's max, not sequential

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]jonathan1683[/nom]so if you put them in raid0 you can get 1GB a second?[/citation]

Probably, assuming that people other than the wealthy few who have funding sources such as oil companies, or own a facility that makes various popular CPU's with triple channel memory support, can afford this new SSD

Knowing gskill they will price the SSD in a way that requires you to get very lucky in the stock market in order to buy one.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]Probably, assuming that people other than the wealthy few who have funding sources such as oil companies, or own a facility that makes various popular CPU's with triple channel memory support, can afford this new SSDKnowing gskill they will price the SSD in a way that requires you to get very lucky in the stock market in order to buy one.[/citation]

Since when is 250-310 dollars being wealthy? SSD's price per gig will always be garbage but if you want performance you will pay for it. If you go to work and take care of your family if you have one, then you should be able to save to buy whatever you want. Sure it youll have to wait as long as it takes to get 300 bucks but after you get a sence of accomplishment.

I myself was waiting for Intels new offerings but am very dissappointed at the performance and that their using a Marvell controller! So Im selling my lightly used Intel 80g and purchasing something with the new Sandforce controller because the seem to be mopping up everybody.

The best part is that Im no where near wealthy. Im just smart with my cash.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]not quite, it says up to 500mb/s... that's max, not sequential[/citation]

Oh yes! It has already been done:
http://thessdreview.com/latest-buzz/pushing-the-limits-of-ssd-storage/
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/02/27/review-ocz-vertex-2-raid-testing/

nativeson8803

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
damn i'm still loving my pro phoenix 2 120gb from this summer. honestly, i have always kept an upgraded rig and the one thing i can never go back to is a regular hdd. ssd is sooooo great. glad to see them progressing!

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]Probably, assuming that people other than the wealthy few who have funding sources such as oil companies, or own a facility that makes various popular CPU's with triple channel memory support, can afford this new SSDKnowing gskill they will price the SSD in a way that requires you to get very lucky in the stock market in order to buy one.[/citation]

By the way have you bought a tank of gas lately?

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]we want a winter ssd roundup[/citation]
+1 I can't keep up with all the different versions of controllers made within the same companies even. Doesn't Sandforce have a military one, some super-hardcore one, mainstream, not mainstream, budget, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.