G.Skill's Sniper Gun-Shaped Memory Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

too bad. it just end up bury inside my beautiful aluminum chassis. nice

G

Ouch - quite sick if you ask me...
At least you can't shoot anyone with those.

Pretty nice design. Maybe not something I'd rush to put in my own case, but I'm all for originality and it appears to have turned out well as a final product, at least in it's looks. (not familiar with actual performance of these ram units). Thanks for the link mrhappy50, not a bad styling from Gigabyte either. Somewhat of a Gigabyte fan myself but I hadn't seen that particular board yet.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Pair this with the XFX 5970 4GB Black with the gun case would make for a pretty looking combo.[/citation]
YEAH! That...and the mobo referenced here...
[citation][nom]mrhappy50[/nom]Its one of the Gigabyte G1 series boards.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813128472They are super cool. And expensive. And the southbridge HS is shaped like a magazine with bullets in it.[/citation]

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
The Gigabyte MOBO and this RAM would be SIIIIIIICK!! I look at that MOBO at LEAST once a week! But...would I get in trouble if I brought that RAM to school??!?

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I admit to liking the aesthetic. The G1 motherboard is MSRP'd at ~560 bucks and includes the Killer 2100 LAN and actual Creative hardware onboard, not realtek with software emulation. The chipset HS is shaped like an M4 magazine. I love the looks of the board, all black and bright green, but the whole "weaponize yourself" marketing is a little silly. My guess is there going for a younger demographic. I like aesthetics even though they shouldn't matter as long as they function. I like the way serious hardware looks. Just look at GPUs, especially reference ones, which have silly stickers of cyborg women and explosions. Make it look serious, make it perform serious, and watch me buy it. I couldn't justify the cheese of Gigabytes G1 mobos. The sniper modules are still kinda cool though.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Cash091[/nom]The Gigabyte MOBO and this RAM would be SIIIIIIICK!! I look at that MOBO at LEAST once a week! But...would I get in trouble if I brought that RAM to school??!?[/citation]
yes the colors alone make me sick. reminds me of the 1950's colors of table tops and counter tops and carpet.ugh!

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jaywed[/nom]They should of designed them like bullet clips[/citation]

They're called "magazines" "clips" are a WWII era technology for loading box magazines which were fixed inside/to a rifle.

Modern rifles/firearms use a "Detachable box magazine"

Stop calling them clips.

elkein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
For some reason this reminds me of top gear. Something Jeremy says about add wings and guns and suddenly stodgy performance becomes sell-able performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS