Question When using EXPO Profile with G.Skill RAM, my PC crashes ?

Oct 7, 2024
I recently Purchased DDR5 Ram from G Skillz and I went into the BIOS and changed it too 6000MHz as it https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-ddr5-6000/p/N82E16820374428?Item=N82E16820374428 which is in the QVL list and it seems too too Crash my PC when I use the Profile and The MOB I am using is a https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-f-gaming-wifi-model/ I'm Not Sure why it does this but when I leave it in the Normal Default Profile My PC works Fine. Any reasons as to why it works in Default Profile and when in EXPO?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are the rams populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard?

Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and it's subsequent suggestions will be rendered moot to the person in the same boat as you're in now. it's why we ask users to include their specs in the thread's body.

Please include the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: Hotrod2go
Oct 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are the rams populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard?

Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and it's subsequent suggestions will be rendered moot to the person in the same boat as you're in now. it's why we ask users to include their specs in the thread's body.

Please include the specs to your build like so:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
CPU cooler: BE Quiet Pro Rock 5
Motherboard: Asus B650E-F
Ram: G Skillz Z5 EXPO 32GB (2x16GB) F5-6000J3238F16X2-TZ5N5
SSD/HDD: Crucial - P3 Plus 4TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe
GPU: 7900xt 20GB
PSU: Evga GT Series 850W 80 Plus Power Bought 7/28/2024
Chassis: Corsair 4000D
Monitor: LG OLED 240Hz BIOS Version: 3035

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
Have you enabled the EXPO profile in the bios? If you put the RAM into the slots & boot up into windows without doing this it will run at the JEDEC default 4800MT/s speed. Also check that your motherboard has the most updated official bios as well.