Question g sync not working? pls help

Feb 27, 2019
so i got my new 240hz g sync monitor and i set up g sync and stuff but as i went through the monitor's settings(not on the PC side, the monitor side with the joystick and buttons) i turned on the hz counter and started up a game but... the hz isnt changing even tho the fps is lower than 240 is this a bug on the monitor's software or is it a bug on the drivers?(driver version 419.17)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You do have to enable G-sync if you haven't. Windows will typically remind you every time the device is plugged in.

You have to use Display Port.

You'll need a compatible Nvidia card.

In-game settings:
V-sync on will stop the monitor from going over its set refresh rate.
V-sync off will disable G-sync above the set refresh rate (allowing maximum frame rate, but no syncing beyond that point, but G-sync will still operate up to the set refresh rate.

Feb 27, 2019
You do have to enable G-sync if you haven't. Windows will typically remind you every time the device is plugged in.

You have to use Display Port.

You'll need a compatible Nvidia card.

In-game settings:
V-sync on will stop the monitor from going over its set refresh rate.
V-sync off will disable G-sync above the set refresh rate (allowing maximum frame rate, but no syncing beyond that point, but G-sync will still operate up to the set refresh rate.

thanks for the reply this early guys!
I use DisplayPort, it works after "re" setting g sync in the Nvidia control panel then restarting pc then it works but after a while it just locks back to 240hz and yes i have v sync off also i have a 1050ti

Gotcha. Saying it's pointless (and probably inaccurate) especially if you use a framerate counter. If you are not seeing tearing with your Mark I Eyeball with gsync enabled then Hz=FPS and you are good to go. If you are actually seeing tearing, then there is something wrong.

Feb 27, 2019
Gotcha. Saying it's pointless (and probably inaccurate) especially if you use a framerate counter. If you are not seeing tearing with your Mark I Eyeball with gsync enabled then Hz=FPS and you are good to go. If you are actually seeing tearing, then there is something wrong.
i dont see it per say but i do feel the difference especially when im playing competitive games such as csgo

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Might review your installed software and try running with the bare minimum. My old keyboard had a small LCD and the driver for that would prevent SLI or G-sync from being changed if it was running. I think I had a similar problem with my mouse driver for a while. Nvidia eventually got around to fixing that.