Question G203 mouse causes in-game FPS drops?

Jul 14, 2019
GPU : GTX 1050m
CPU : i7-7700hq
RAM : 8gb

This is an extremely weird circumstance, but whenever im playing any modern game, moving my mouse causes huge fps drops - practically freezes for a few seconds. This just started happening today.

It took me a while to find out that it was only my G203 mouse that was causing the issue. moving my cursor on my laptops touchpad didn't result in any performance drop. nor did connecting a different, standard USB mouse. The USB ports I connected either mouse to didn't matter.

I have tried reinstalling my graphics drivers with DDU, and even using older drivers. (this was before I identified the issue)
sfc /scannow doesn't report anything wrong.
I haven't installed anything during the time between my G203 acting fine, and it acting as it is now.
Task manager and MSI Afterburner don't show any spikes of any components usage when the mouse is moved.
Having every other application closed didn't change anything.
I'm unable to find older versions or version 1.0 of the mouses firmware.

Does anyone have any clue whats happening?

Look on he laptop manufacturer's website for the drivers of the laptop. I think you'll need chipset drivers and USB drivers.
In addition to this, is the problem only in one game, or all? If you were to download Heaven Benchmark and run it, do FPS drops occur when you move the mouse?

Jul 14, 2019
Look on he laptop manufacturer's website for the drivers of the laptop. I think you'll need chipset drivers and USB drivers.
In addition to this, is the problem only in one game, or all? If you were to download Heaven Benchmark and run it, do FPS drops occur when you move the mouse?
The FPS drops happen in any game that uses a good amount of CPU and GPU usage such as Doom (2016), and Mordhau. It happens in lesser demanding games but the effect is less so.

Running the Heaven benchmark with the g203 plugged in and moving doesn't cause FPS drops there - I've noticed that with the games, they have to detect and use the mouse input themselves for the framerate to drop down (moving the mouse out of their window doesn't cause the FPS drops)

The chipset drivers didn't change anything but thanks for the suggestion