G33t-M2 Boot and post problem

willaguila

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
I purchased the Elitegroup G33T-M2 and I have installed a few motherboards in my time and I think this just maybe a bad board. But before I returne it I would like to ask anyone if they had this same problem and if they resolved it what did they do?

current config is a dual core intel 2160 lga775
2 ddr2 800 1gig sdram memory by patriot
and the radeon hd 2600 pro by gigabyte

I will give this board a few days to see if i can come up with a solution and post a resolution if i find one but otherwise I will have to give it the boot!!!!!

tlmck

Distinguished
Try building outside the case. Put the MB on the foam or bag it came with and set it on top of the closed MB box it came in. This will facilitate adding the vid card. First, turn it on with CPU only to see if it spins. I use needle nose pliers to touch off the power button header. If the CPU fan is running, you should also hear the beep codes for missing ram, video, etc...

If that passes, turn off PSU and add one stick of ram. Turn it back on... if that also passes, turn it off, add vid card, and connect monitor. If you get the post screen, turn it off, add the 2nd stick of ram.

If all goes well outside the case, check to make sure you do not have any extra standoffs in the case, which could short out the MB. There should be one per MB hole and that is all. Make sure they all line up properly before installing any screws. Do not tighten any screws until all are started. Check alignment one last time, and tighten the screws.

Even though I have be building for eighteen years, I still do it this way every time. Saves time in the long run.

willaguila

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
thanks, i appreciate the reply. i have been building pcs since the 286s and this is something that has never changed. i ordered this board because it was recommended on this site but i guess i'm not too lucky with it. i'll take it out again but back in the day i just kept going through boards until one worked. I'll post if I have some luck with it.

willaguila

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Well, no luck with this board and that's too bad!
If any one had this problem and resolved it i would like to hear from them.

willaguila

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Ok, I just bought another one of these boards "g33t-m2", another video (pci expresss), and another set of ddr2 memory modules. Guess what? No video display, no boot and no cigars! Guess I'm not destined to build another PC or is it the CPU? Well I have never ever had a bad Intel CPU purchased with in a retail box. So I find it very hard to believe that this is problem. Has anyone had this issue with this board and resolved it?