G604T and Computer to Computer speed problem

Hi,

I have a G604T Wireless Router and 2 computers connected wireless to
the router
Both computers connect to my ISP (Telia) with excellent Speed (8Mb)

When connecting ComputerA to ComputerB I get very poor connection
speed.
ping result is over 200ms.

I have not changed the default settings on the router, and everything
works fine except the poor connection between my LAN computers.

ps.
When I connect the computers using wires I the spped is ok.

Please help
Thanks

On 17 Oct 2004 01:45:28 -0700, tadrian@home.se (Mta) wrote:

>I have a G604T Wireless Router and 2 computers connected wireless to
>the router
>Both computers connect to my ISP (Telia) with excellent Speed (8Mb)
>
>When connecting ComputerA to ComputerB I get very poor connection
>speed.
>ping result is over 200ms.

What operating system are your computers using?

>I have not changed the default settings on the router, and everything
>works fine except the poor connection between my LAN computers.
>When I connect the computers using wires I the spped is ok.

If the speed is ok with BOTH computers connected via wired
connections, how is the speed with only ONE computer connected via
wireless? Try it this way with each computer, one at a time. If one
configuration is slow, while the other is fast, something is wrong
with the slow computer.

Also, run a traceroute (tracert) between the IP addresses of the two
computers. It should show one hop directly to the other computer. If
you find that your packets are going through the ISP's gateway and
back again, you have a configuration issue.

Is the ping time between computers always exactly 200msec or does if
vary? If it varies, then there's some traffic related issue involved.
If you had a trojan horse accidentally installed, it might occupy
enough bandwidth to slow you down. Are the lights on the Dlink router
flashing almost continuously?

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558