GA-78LMT-USB3 CPU Upgrade and BIOS Upgrade help

johnnycheddar78

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
So I currently have an FX-6100 and I was wondering (FYI my dad is giving me his FX-8350) why on the GIGABYTE website there wasn't anything above F2 (BIOS) I saw on another thread that I need a BIOS Version above F2 to use this CPU. I was wondering if I slapped that 8350 into my current build, would it work? Thanks a lot.

Solution
Honestly I wouldn't bother putting an 8350 in that motherboard, the power vrms just aren't up to the job of powering the 8350 and cause all sorts of problems with power throttling. You really need a decent 970 or 990 motherboard for that CPU to get the best from it. You're better off overclocking your current cpu and saving some money up for an upgrade to something newer.

racksmith101

Respectable
Honestly I wouldn't bother putting an 8350 in that motherboard, the power vrms just aren't up to the job of powering the 8350 and cause all sorts of problems with power throttling. You really need a decent 970 or 990 motherboard for that CPU to get the best from it. You're better off overclocking your current cpu and saving some money up for an upgrade to something newer.

Solution