GA-K8NXP-SLI - warm re-boot problem

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Hi all,

Just installed the above board with a A64 3200+, Leadtek 6600GT Extreme, 2 x
512 PC4000 Dimm's (Crucial Ballistix) all powered by an Antec truepower 430
watt PSU.

I had a few problems setting up the system (mainly due to my lack of
experience with SATA etc.) but I've installed XP Pro and now its just a case
of spending some time getting the PC sorted.

However, there is one really annoying problem when performing a warm reboot
(e.g. when SW installers need to restart the PC) basically the PC will hang
at the point where the memory speed is displayed. This doesn't occur on
every re-boot and never (so far!) when starting the PC from cold. I thought
a BIOS upgrade may help but according to the Gigabyte site I'm already using
the latest BIOS (f6).

Anyone care to hazard what the problem is or has anyone experienced this?

TIA

BillL

BTW I'm using the Dual Power System - don't know if this makes a difference?

shrek

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

Hi, I have expeienced these problems myself and found it to be when I
added my old hard drive (seagate 100 ata) to the ide slot. Once I
removed them everything ran ok

Hope that helps

Rob