RonZimmerman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
I recently built a computer using the GA-P35-DS3L, a Samsung SATA HD501LJ hard drive, a passive GV-NX86T256H grapics card, and Windows Vista. I am running Speedfan 4.34 Beta 36. I would like to be able to monitor temperatures to be sure I have enough cooling. Speedfan is reporting the duo cores just fine, but it does not show the hard drive at all, and no temp for the graphics card. The hard drive supports SMART and is enabled in the BIOS. I donwloaded Ntune to watch the graphics temp. I have used Speedfan previously on other computers and it worked fine. I tried to send the builder of speedfan a query, but no reply. Has anyone had sucess with this configuration and speedfan? Is there a speedfan forum somewhere? Is there a better program to monitor system temperatures? I read Motherboard Monitor is no longer supported. I really don't want to have to run ntune just to monitor GPU temperature and I would really like to see the hard drive temperature.

Actually, I do. Vista is just telling you that some program is trying to access some internal parts of the system. If you acquire some sort of spyware or virus it is nice to know about it early.

RonZimmerman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Thanks, administrative priviledge let me see my hard drive. Now I'm wondering how to see the temperature of my Gigabyte GV-nx86T geforce 8600 GT? Speedfan finds it, but doesn't report the temperature.