GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 & Speedfan

grees00

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
Anyone managed to get Speedfan controlling the CPU fan on this board?
I'm using the same cooler as my last board & that worked great with speedfan, but no matter what config I set or what combination of settings in the PC Health section of the BIOS I use (Including disabling fan control altogether) this board just doesn't want to know.
The fan is obviously controllable as left to it's own devices the Bios will do it when on auto, but I'd rather use speedfan & have more control over the temps myself.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved. :)

honolululu

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007

I just figured it out yesterday.
Make sure you change these PWM 1 settings to software controlled for the CPU. PWM also enabled in BIOS.

6z3tdg0.jpg

I think PWM 1 is for CPU and PWM 2 is for the other 4pin header on the mobo (I have it controlling a three pin fan now.)

Good Luck!

grees00

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008

You are a total star. :love:
Had to disable fan control in bios, wouldn't work for me with it enabled, but since changing that setting in Speedfan it works fine now. :D
Many thanks again.

penley

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I have a DS3R Rev 2.1 (F11 Bios) board and this trick did not work. I tried setting all the PWMs to "software controlled" and tried setting the bios automatic fan control to both enabled and disabled but neither setting works.

Also, I have a 3-pin fan plugged into the sys_1 fan header and it isn't reporting any RPMs in BIOS or SpeedFan. I did report RPMs on my old motherboard (DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D) so I know the fan is capable of it. Any ideas?