GAH! crysis 1

goldrush8

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
alright, so when i try to play crysis everything runs pretty well in a non-combat no fire environment on almost max settings (40-50 FPS), when i get into a battle with the sparks and such i see a drop (10-30 FPS) which i expect, but then as i play i all of a sudden see a virtual HALT in performance, i drop to single digit FPS and fighting becomes impossible. now ive tried lowing the setting and so much as to go all the way from almost maxed at 1920x1080 to the lowest setting at 1600x900 and restarting the game to ensure all setting changed, when i try to play its a little better in that battle but at best 20 FPS, now i would think with that much of setting change and res lowering that i would see larger increase but i dont know whats going on. anybody got an idea or where i may be getting bottleneck and getting destroyed.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 840 3.2 GHZ

2x4Gb G-Skill Ripjaws, 800 Mhz

AMD 770 chipset, AMD SB700 southbridge

AMD Radeon HD 7770 1Ghz 1Gb (xfx black edition)

Thank you in advance

Solution
if i'm not mistaken this is one of the norm in crysis because of the memory leak. some people able to reduce the choppiness by disabling windows aero. the early stages of the games are quite fine even you're engaging massive firefight. but towards the end of the game even in non firefight the frame rates will drop drastically. it is not hardware problem it was the game itself.

trickstd

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

i stumbled upon this thread kuz i was wondering the same thing as well.....i got maximus v formula with 3570k push pull config OC'd to just 4.2 for now, 8gb ripjaw ram not OC'd yet just set to what its supposed to run (1600), and the asus 660ti graphics card......i put all the settings on max, my tv is set to 1080 of course but under crysis settings the highest is like 1600x9something.....anyway borderlands 2 plays fine with max settings with just a smidgen of choppiness here and there but nothing like how choppy crysis is....im wondering if its the graphics card i got, would love to bridge it with another but of course i cant afford it.....I am no expert but im pretty sure my card cant handle it : (

if i'm not mistaken this is one of the norm in crysis because of the memory leak. some people able to reduce the choppiness by disabling windows aero. the early stages of the games are quite fine even you're engaging massive firefight. but towards the end of the game even in non firefight the frame rates will drop drastically. it is not hardware problem it was the game itself.

Solution