Galaxy S4's Gorilla Glass 3 Display Gets a Scratch Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
We saw the same thing with Gorilla Glass 2, but yet my Lumia 920 will come out of my pocket with random new scratches all the time (and nothing else would be in the pocket).

WretchedSoul44

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Use otterbox and you basically never have to worry about scratches on the glass itself. I have it on my note 2 and the screen protector has some scratches and one deep one (from when it fell face down on the screen on rocks/gravel at four feet), but the glass has nothing.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I found that it doesn't always matter if the glass can be scratched.. My dad dropped his phone and it broke the LCD but the glass didn't have a scratch on it..

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I would like to see a test where they actually succeed in scratching it. It is scratch-able, I want to see what it takes. My nexus s 4g has a few scratches but nothing to terrible, can't see them when the screen is on.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Sure looks like it scratches to me. Check out between 2:59-3:02, the two green balloons on the bottom right of the bunch (i.e., almost exactly in the middle of the screen).

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S from the day it came out. And I'm a firefighter, full time and a full time student. I just have the clear plastic skins on the front and back. No case and the glass still Hasn't broken on the front or back. I think if you take care of your phone, it'll work fine.

halcyon

Splendid
I've a Note 2 with no screen protector whatsoever and I've had it for a good while and it has not even hairline scratches on it. In fact, the screen looks brand new along with the rest of the phone. I'm not all that careful with it either. Its routinely in my back pocket and back pack. I've faith in Gorilla Glass.

thefizzle656

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

That is part of the picture/background, it is the strings that you are seeing. Earlier in the video they are there.

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
What is with the guy taking the phone away for a few seconds in between scratching? Also how about stabbing it with the knife?? seriously do some testing if you want to post something. This is useless... the best part was prolly the change test.

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
okay, so what if it takes scratches well? do a 10+ foot drop test and get back to us. Most people wreck their smartphones by dropping them.
I hardly notice scratches when the screen is on. what really bothers me is a crack. I got a crack on the Iphone 3gs (ages ago), and half the pixels in the LCD were completely grey in less than 2 months.

Krayziepop

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Put a small amount of sand on a flat wooden table (simulating a dirty table or stand) and slide the face of the glass across the sandy surface with one smooth sweep (simulating sliding your phone towards you to pick it up) and then evaluate. I'll guarantee scratches then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS