Question Gamdias Hermes M1 multiple key presses

Apr 8, 2020
I bought a new Gamdias Hermes M1 mechanical keyboard about two months ago.

I've started to notice (I actually first noticed this not long after starting to use the keyboard) that when I type some keys are sometimes triggered twice (in rare cases even more). This usually results in a single character being repeated, but sometimes the repeat only takes place after I've hit another key, so I'll get something like: "test t".

I've tested the keyboard on Linux and Windows, and also on different machines, and the problem seems to persist. It also seems to happen on most of the keys (character keys, number keys, enter and backspace).

Could there be some software/config/driver issue or is the keyboard broken?

Thanks

May 21, 2020
Hello, did you find a solution to this problem?

I was having a similar problem, not sure if it’s software conflict or some other problem. Every time when I restart my computer, there is a chance it will have a problem of some of keys being uncontrollable or unresponsive. Like when I type I’ll miss some of the letters or it will keep repeating the last letter I clicked until I clicked on another one. But if I unplug the keyboard and plug it in again, most of the time will fix the problem.

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, did you find a solution to this problem?

I was having a similar problem, not sure if it’s software conflict or some other problem. Every time when I restart my computer, there is a chance it will have a problem of some of keys being uncontrollable or unresponsive. Like when I type I’ll miss some of the letters or it will keep repeating the last letter I clicked until I clicked on another one. But if I unplug the keyboard and plug it in again, most of the time will fix the problem.

I did not find a solution to the problem and ended up sending the keyboard back.

I received a replacement keyboard earlier this week, but this one is even worse. Now, not only does it register some keys doubly, it also won't register some keys or keeps repeating the last letter I typed (the same as the problem you're having).

I'm now quite sure that it's not a software problem or a problem with my computer (since the other keyboard I'm using now works just fine), so I'll probably send this one back and ask for a different keyboard.

May 21, 2020
I have returned once as well and it has the same problem. Normally it works fine and good, only when that happens is annoying.
This is possibly the best keyboard I can get for this low price in Australia tho...