Game causes static and webcam to stutter

ivanlin

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
This has been happening for a long time, and I've just found out that these problems only happens when a game is running. Any audio I play outside of the games audio becomes staticy. It's a decently loud popping/static sound whenever any words are said. Another problem that occurs is that whenever I try to use my webcam or any webcam while games are running, the webcam has 1 frames per second or it just shows black and doesn't load. Once there are no games running, none of these problems exist. I have no idea why this is happening

Computer Specs:
Windows 10 Education
MotherBoard: ASUS Z170-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3100MHz
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB 3.5" SATA3 + Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mouse: Corsair Schimitar
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB

I've had this problem for the past year now, Please help!

Hello ivanlin

Can you please confirm if you've already tried updating the graphics driver? If yes, you can remove it, and install the latest version right from the start.

If the graphics driver is already updated, please try using an earlier version and see if it helps.

Please report back with the results to allow us to provide you with a better solution.

Cheers!!

ivanlin

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014

I have just tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver, and also rerolling back to a previous version. I am still getting the static/popping when I am playing any game!

I should also add that it's not a headset problem; as I've tried using multiple earbuds/headsets and I still get the crackling sounds.