Question Game crashed, and discord audio stopped playing

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Hello,

Today I had a wierd thing happen to me. Basically I was playing a game (Apex Legends to be precise) and suddenly my game crashed (happend to all of my friends, probably game's fault) and my discord audio stopped playing. I saw green lights around avatar, indicating someone saying something, but no audio was played. And after I left the channel (disconnect sound played) and reconnected, it was fine. Don't know if the crash might be related to my problem. I used to have problems with my old PC (no discord audio, had to reconnect) but after that, my PC would power down all of the sudden. No BSoD no shutting down, but sound got "stuck", like a memory leak sound, then it just goes black, and restarts, like I pressed the reset button. Now nothing really happend, no restart or anything. But I am wondering, what might be the cause of that? Discord bug, windows issue or something else?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Hello,

Today I had a wierd thing happen to me. Basically I was playing a game (Apex Legends to be precise) and suddenly my game crashed (happend to all of my friends, probably game's fault) and my discord audio stopped playing. I saw green lights around avatar, indicating someone saying something, but no audio was played. And after I left the channel (disconnect sound played) and reconnected, it was fine. Don't know if the crash might be related to my problem. I used to have problems with my old PC (no discord audio, had to reconnect) but after that, my PC would power down all of the sudden. No BSoD no shutting down, but sound got "stuck", like a memory leak sound, then it just goes black, and restarts, like I pressed the reset button. Now nothing really happend, no restart or anything. But I am wondering, what might be the cause of that? Discord bug, windows issue or something else?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.
full specs?

Ryzen 5600x on x570 strix f
16 GB DDR4 memory 3600 MHz cl18
rtx 2060 6GB Gainward Phoenix GS
Drives are:
Silicon power sata ssd 250gb
WD Black sn750 1TB (Gen 3)
Power supply is Seasonic Focus GX 850w
Cpu cooler is 240 AIO
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.03 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

• Install the latest radeon driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Spudledudle

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.03 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

• Install the latest radeon driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Is it really necessary right away? It just happend once on this PC, and no other problems have been occuring. I just wanted to know what could have caused this, because it seemed really strange. I have seen that the instruction that you have provided helped a few people before me, so if anything happends I will make sure to stay in touch with you here. About PSU cables, I only have one connector, and it is connected properly (learned Computer Science in high school, and this was not my first build).

Thank you for your help kind sir

Is it really necessary right away? It just happend once on this PC, and no other problems have been occuring. I just wanted to know what could have caused this, because it seemed really strange. I have seen that the instruction that you have provided helped a few people before me, so if anything happends I will make sure to stay in touch with you here. About PSU cables, I only have one connector, and it is connected properly (learned Computer Science in high school, and this was not my first build).

Thank you for your help kind sir
you could try it all step by step, all pick some you think what causes it.

this suggestion usually fix some of that problems, but take a try.