Question Game crashes to desktop without any error message ?

Jun 22, 2024
Hello~

So I have been playing this one game called V Rising. It has been playing well but the game will exit to desktop immediately when I try to interact with some assets in the game.

I have been reading some posts and FAQ, and I am suspecting it's due to XMP not handling the RAM correctly.

I'm a very casual PC user, so I have absolutely no knowledge of this fixing process.

I am hoping if any experts here can help me with the process.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

V Rising
Where did you source the installer for the game?

Jun 22, 2024
Hey there! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)
It's a gaming laptop from Lenovo, so I'm not sure if all can be answered.

↓ Below is detailed spec I found online.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-Y530-i7-8750H-GTX1060-Laptop-Review.379946.0.html

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
CPU cooler: N/A
Motherboard: Intel HM370
Ram: Dual Stick, Samsung 2667MHz, DDR4, 8.0Gb

SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD PM981 MZVLB256HAHQ, 256 GB, + Seagate ST2000LM007-1R8174 (2 TB HDD), 2000 GB free

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile - 6 GB VRAM, Core: 1405 MHz, Memory: 2002 MHz, GDDR5, NVIDIA 416.30, UHD Graphics 630

PSU: N/A
Chassis: N/A
Monitor: N/A

I'm playing the V Rising game through Steam platform

Jun 22, 2024
So,

My little brother who knows PC better than I do told me I should keep XMP enabled, but lower the RAM frequency down from BIOS until the game does not crash out to Desktop.

But the problem is, I'm an idiot and I do not know how to do what my little brother told me to do XD

Where do I even find this BIOS advanced setup and change RAM frequency?