Game freezes on new pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hey i builded my pc a while ago and when i'm playing my screen might freeze for 2-3 sec and that gets me killed... I think i have downloaded every drivers expect the bios, should that been done?
9YLTu
EDIT: tried to add pic but didin't work.... https://imgur.com/a/9YLTu

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Wonder if his powerfull pc ( very nice :D) gives problems with that older monitor.Tried playing with Vsync enabled?

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

Sorry for late answer but mostly fortnite but i've tested pubg,battlerite,csgo and everygame has the same problem even with using very low settings i still get fps drops and makes games unjoyable

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

I've tried using vsync and fast sync but makes no difference, and i tested my friends 1080p monitor but the same problem is still there... btw is it normal that speccy and unengine benchmark shows only 4095mb in gpu? i have 8gb

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ok do you have anything running in the background?

Did you install Windows yourself? Where did you get it from?

What temperatures are your GPU and CPU when gaming (I know you said you replaced your thermal paste).

What power supply do you have?

No, where did you get that GPU from?

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

No i should not have anything extra running, Yes i installed, i got it from same store as this pc. While gaming GPU 60C and CPU 40C. I have Corsair vs650. And the gpu is from www.jimms.fi (computer shop in finland)

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

I'm using riva tuner and 50% fan speed and usually play on low. ultra makes temps go 10-15 higher