Game has lower frames without actually showing lower frames while plugging in a second monitor.

Decl1ned

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Whenever I plug in a second monitor my games start to have weird lag without actual frame drops, for example Runescape will show 50 frames (the max for the game) and when I plug in my second monitor it'll feel like 20 frames, but it'll still say 50 fps, also I feel as though my PC can more than handle two monitors.

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon 280x 3gb

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

ASRock H97 Pro4 MOBO

8128 MB RAM

Also my CPU and Memory usage never get passed 35% but it still lags?

Obviously the FPS drop is minimal to non-existant, the problem is latency. You might try reinstalling the drivers, there are all sorts of weird things that get fixed by reinstalling drivers after a hardware change. If could also be related to having an analog and digital monitor, or many other possibilities. Also, make sure you have the proper resolutions set, downscaling can cause latency as well.

Being up to date doesn't mean they are configured for your new hardware. Often times you need to reinstall the drivers with new hardware, even if they are the same drivers.

Is the 2nd monitor a 1080p monitor? If you were forcing it to run at a higher resolution, which requires downsampling, that could put extra latency into everything. What connection type is it?