jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
my pc
r9 285
ram 6gb (4+2)
i5 3570 stock ghz
monitor 1050x1650 60hz

So i bought the game about a week ago and played everyday since in multiplayer i can only play deathmatch (24 players on map) with consistent 60fps sometimes even mode with 40 players on map with 50+ but when i play conquest gamemode i have 20-30 fps (settings all lowest) cpu always 100%

but i know that what i mentioned above is probably bc my cpu

but today when i tried to play the game even when i enter home screen after approximately 15-20 sec my game freezes and it lasts aroud 30 sec and after it "unfreezes" then i runs normal for 30 sec or so and then the process repeates, and all of that without even entering the game

so does somebody know why is this happening any help is welcome

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
last night i tried one game and it was ok but as of today it is happening again, maybe redo the process?
Yeah, at least this time. Check what CCleaner finds or Malwarebytes if it was malware. Then you'll know.
But if all is good and the issue is back, the problem may be more involved. Might even be the game itself. Or the GPU. Is the GPU or CPU getting above safe temps when this happens? Throttling will definitely bring down performance.

The R9-285 is a pretty old card. Bought used? Dirty? Is your system clean?

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
Yeah, at least this time. Check what CCleaner finds or Malwarebytes if it was malware. Then you'll know.
But if all is good and the issue is back, the problem may be more involved. Might even be the game itself. Or the GPU. Is the GPU or CPU getting above safe temps when this happens? Throttling will definitely bring down performance.

The R9-285 is a pretty old card. Bought used? Dirty? Is your system clean?
a week or two ago i accidently installed a adware and then installed malwarebytes and cleaned and it found arround 900 files i deleted them and it was fine but when you told me i tried again and it found only two files i think both of them were "trojan" and i used CCleaner to cleaned the registry both it was arround 1k files and i was not realy paying attention about reading all of them i think there were some microleaves files and alot of "normal" files i deleted them all.
about the gpu i bought it used exactly a year ago and it started having problems with drivers like when i install drivers i get black screen i tried everything it didnt work then i removed one of the psus (i used one only for gpu and one all other hardware) and it worked bit i still have problem with "display driver has stopped working and has recovered" it happens about 5 or less times a day but maybe one time a day drivers dont recover and i need to restart pc, also this NEVER happened while playing games and happens alot of times when using windows media player for some time or just by itself.
today my pc froze 2 times and i waited arround 10 min and nothing happened so i neded to restart it that literaly has not happened it a long time maybe 6 month or more. it froze i think when closing bf1 bc game has stopped working.
after the second time i nedded to restart while booting pc before windows loaded it started to
"Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. "
i cleaned my whole pc arround 3 months or a bit more ago.
and my pc temps are
cpu max 70 but in bf1 i never was above 65
and gpu cause i play all low arround 60 at most
also i posted this thread about my pc restarting while playing some games it never hapened in bf1 exept today but that is irelevant beacuse i will be soon getting new psu
thread:https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-restarting-posible-cpu-ovetheating-or-weak-psu.3559077/

edit: i forgot to say i used avast scan and it found nothing

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That's a lot of information to digest. 2 x PSUs? What are their make and model? Might be your problem.

I quit using Avast years ago because it caused lots of issues with my system. You might consider uninstalling that and using Win 10's built-in anti-virus for awhile along with a daily Malwarebytes scan.

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
That's a lot of information to digest. 2 x PSUs? What are their make and model? Might be your problem.

I quit using Avast years ago because it caused lots of issues with my system. You might consider uninstalling that and using Win 10's built-in anti-virus for awhile along with a daily Malwarebytes scan.
Well thanks for all the help now it seems to work fine after deleting trackers, of course still getting black screen and drivers stopping, but still.
also i already deleted avast.