Question Game running at 1 FPS (tried everything)

GeR George

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Hello. As the title suggests, my game (NFS 2015, recently bought) is running at precisely 1 FPS, and NOTHING seems to change that.

I installed it about 3 hours ago for the first time, and tried to start it. At first, it seemed that the screen was just black, so I tried a few more times, then decided to just wait a bit. After a minute or so, the nVidia logos and the other stuff started playing - only problem was that they ran at 1 FPS.

I can get to the menu and mess with the settings/everything, but it's just running at 1-2 FPS (as reported by Radeon overlay).
I have no problems with any other game and I haven't changed anything on my PC lately.

So far I tried: repairing the game, reinstalling the game, (clean) reinstalling video drivers, restarting PC, running the GPU on Silent/Standard/OC, disable screen optimisation, GPU scaling On/Off, run as admin, run in compatibility; hell, I even tried reverting to default DNS (changed to 1.1.1.1 recently). NOTHING MAKES A DIFFERENCE. It's the first time I run into something like this. I also tried: disabling all background apps 1 by 1, running the game on 1, 2 ,3 etc. cores, high priority, deleting config files, and pretty much every "fix" you could think of.

Besides this, no one else seems to have this problem :(
Specs are not the issue, but I'll list them anyway because someone will surely ask - RX VEGA 56, Ryzen7 1700x, 16 GB DDDR4, 1TB M.2 NVME, 500GB HDD (tried installing on both).

GeR George

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
nVidia logos ? from the game?
Yup, I'm talking about the usual clips that play before getting to the menu of the game. In other words, the game starts normally, it's just that everything is stuck at 1 fps (including these clips)

I got the game (CD key) from Instant Gaming and activated it on Origin without any problems. I did a few Malwarebytes/CCleaner/Windows Security scans as well.

The PSU is a 650W (88% efficient) - it's manufactured locally and sold only in Easter Europe I believe. It does have hundreds of 5 star reviews so I would say this isn't the problem.
just 1 game having issue?
I have been playing Grid, Kingdom Come, A plague tale Innocence, and a lot of Metro Exodus (on high, at 2K res), so mostly very demanding games, with no problems for hours on end, so I'm sure this is a software problem.
I also played a bit of Battlefield 1 just to test if I have a problem with the Frostbite engine and it runs like a dream.