Question Games Crash Randomly with 100% GPU Usage (No Crash Error)

Aug 25, 2024
So I upgraded my CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM and power supply in January and it’s never been perfect. I had slow running issues and lots of lag and spikes. But recently my games have just started to crash. No error code. The only thing I see is my GPU spikes to 100% and sometimes my system gives the out of memory message when it can’t open games like The Finals. Games that crash with no error are only not only steam games but Riot and Epic games also. I even installed my windows on my newer m.2 incase it was my hard drive, but every 15-20 minutes my games with just close. My frames are fine. My temps are good. I have nothing overclocked. I’ve dusted everything. Applied new thermal paste. Still. Nothing.

I’ve bought a new GPU. Replaced it. Same issues. Bought new ram. Same issues. I’ve uninstalled and updated my drivers probably 3 times now. Tried different ram slots. Tried loading steam in Windows 8. Tried booting in lower settings. I’ve turned off game boost and XMP. I even brought it in to a PC store to get my parts scanned but they could not figure it out. It makes it extremely unplayable to do anything. And the last thing I’ve considered is hard wiping my OS and all hard drives. But. I don’t wanna have to do that just yet. But if that doesn’t work I’ve considered rebuilding. I’ve spend 3 months of research with no progress.

I really want to know if it could be motherboard related and it having issues with my GPU since. I replaced my GPU but not the CPU and Motherboard. Or how I can test to see if it’s faulty. Anything would be appreciated and I’ll answer all questions. I desperately need help…

PC Specs:

MSI z790 Gaming Plus WiFi
Intel i7 14700k
ASUS OC 4070 Super 12 GB
32 GB Corsair Vengence DDR5 6000mz Ram
1200w Power Supply
2 M.2s
Corsair Liquid CPU Cooling

Aug 25, 2024
I did but I plan on doing it again. I originally moved it from my HDD to my SSD, would that cause issues? And I upgraded to windows 11.