Question Games crash to desktop on new pc with no errors whatsoever

Dec 11, 2023
Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this problem, I'm starting to lose my mind over this

- Ryzen 7 5700g with Noctua NH-U12S Redux
- Nvidia Gtx 1660 Super 6gb from Gigabyte
- Msi b450 Gaming plus max
- Corsair vengeance 16gb rs (2x8) 3600mhz
- Thermaltake Smartlite 500w 80+ white
- Thermaltake H700 tg snow

Every game crashes to desktop (no error code, no black screen, no blue screen, the game just closes) after like 1 minute, or the game keeps playing but the image just freeze (The game is playable while this happens). Sometimes it runs for like 10 to 15 minutes, but it always crash. This is from more modern games like Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV to less demanding games like Hollow Knight or Ori and the Blind Forest.

I've tried:
- Updating the BIOS
- Disabling the onboard graphics
- Restricted the PBO frequencies (Precision Boost Overdrive) in some cases this option goes over the limit of the cpu, and leds to the crash (This guy who seems to have the same problem explains it much better)
- Reseating the gpu and the ram
- Run memtest86 (pass)
- Updating and installing older versions of Nvidia Drivers
- Reinstall W11
- Install W10
- Reinstalling Games

As a side note, I've run furmark with anti-aliasing off and no problems, but when running it with 8x MSAA Furmark crashed in like 3 seconds
Thermals seems fine, maxing out to 65°-70°.

I think it might be the psu (Which is low, I know), but it's such a mix of weird crashes and freezes and I'm 99% sure that a faulty psu would not crash a game, it would turn off the pc direclty.
Might be a combination of both psu and graphics card? Where the gpu is not receiving the power it needs to run on heavy load? That would explain the crashes on heavy demanding games, but on low demanding games too? I just don't know

Any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks in advance!!

try ddu uninstaller and reinstall latest nvidia.com drivers
try using only the

check the event viewer of windows what happened at the time of the crash

check drives with manufacturers tools
check windows integrity
thermals from gpu and cpu are fine?