Question Games crash to desktop without error message after a few minutes of playing (AMD build)

Jul 25, 2020
I recently installed an RX 5600 XT to my PC which seemed to caused games to crash to a black screen with sound still running, so I decided to uninstall the adrenaline software and reinstall the driver without adrenaline. However, now games will just crash to desktop without any error message or crash report after around 5 minutes of gameplay. The game launchers (steam and origin) do not crash after the game has. Sometimes the sound will even cut out a few moments before it crashes. I have tried several things that haven't resolved my issue.

Things I have done to fix this that haven't worked:
  • Reinstall AMD chipset drivers
  • Reinstall adrenaline software (no black screen but still crashes to desktop)
  • Uninstall adrenaline software again
  • Updated the VBIOS for the graphics card
  • Test games with fans on full (this tells me it isn't a temperature issue)
  • Reinstall windows 10
  • Scanned for corrupt files in windows 10
  • Validate all the game files for games I have been using to test
  • Used overclocking software to reduce the frequencies
  • Uninstalled all overclocking software and set back to default frequencies
  • Played games on lowest settings
I really need some help with this as I've tried everything I can think of. I might need to send this card back if I can't get it to work. No problems occured when I was using an NVIDIA card before.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RX 5600 XT
PSU: EVGA 700 BR, 80+ Bronze, 700W
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Storage: Samsung HD501LJ
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Cooling: AMD stock cooler
Case: Fractal Design Focus G Mini

Lutfij

Titan
When you say recently installed that would signify that you had a discrete GPU prior. If so, what was the make and model of the GPU? Regardless of which camp the GPU is from, a former GPU's drivers will need to be removed using DDU, then the system should be shut down(disconnected from the wall) and the GPU removed to make way for the new GPU.

How old is the EVGA unit...? Did you update the BIOS for your motherboard(if there are any pending)?

Jul 25, 2020
When you say recently installed that would signify that you had a discrete GPU prior. If so, what was the make and model of the GPU? Regardless of which camp the GPU is from, a former GPU's drivers will need to be removed using DDU, then the system should be shut down(disconnected from the wall) and the GPU removed to make way for the new GPU.

How old is the EVGA unit...? Did you update the BIOS for your motherboard(if there are any pending)?
I previously had a Gigabyte Geforce 1050TI, and went through the process of removing the drivers with DDU and then installed the RX 5600 XT, so I don’t believe that’s the source of the problem.
The EVGA unit is only 4 months old. I don’t believe I have updated the BIOS for the motherboard as there were no updates pending.