Games crashes on ATI Hd6950 win7 64 bit and 32 bit.

lol.can you be more specific about your problem? the problem could be very well not caused by windows. there are a lot of people using win 7 here. if win seven really did make game crashes at all time i'm sure there will be no gamer will ever using win 7 as their operating system :kaola:.

xf1xcaliber

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
i built a new system,asus sabertooth mobo, i 7 3.07 proc. 6 gigs of dominator ram, 6950 ati 2 gig graphics card,raptor 10000 rpm hd, games ran fine on win.xp 32 bit home edition.installed win 7 home edition 64 bit updated all driver with detective driver,system runs cool 43 degrees.all games crash at random times.10 min. to 1 hr game goes away and i have to cold boot system to turn it back on.and yes it was a fresh clean install and partitioned

i think it might be driver related. try clean install the driver. uninstall current driver and then run driver sweeper program to clean any leftover from the driver before re-installing the driver. if the game still crash try using older driver instead. other than that check your cpu and gpu temperature under full load as well

xf1xcaliber

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011

call of juarez number 1 .cod black ops. call of juarez bound in blood . mw2 .best just to say all .ihave crysis as well,far cry.all crash randomly.check cpu temp while running games and it did go up as high as 54 degrees c.running 5 fans plus graphics card fan set at 100 percent.and All drivers are up to date.

benkus83

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Hi everyone, I am having the same problem especially with Crysis 2 being released. I had a quick look through the posts and noticed you quoting system / cpu temperatures, have you looked at GPU temperatures?

My GPU keeps crashing when it reaches 78'c-83'c when the fan speed is set to auto. I go into catalyst control center and set the ATI overdrive fan speed to manual. I set mine at 60% and it does the trick while gaming. Temps stay in the 60s and all is fine.

Try and get some app to monitor your GPU temps on a second monitor or G15/19 logitech keyboard if you can; Or as a test just set the fan to 90% to start with, play and see if any crashing occurs.

Hope this helps
Benkus83

benkus83

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Additionally if this works in CCC set up profiles (up in options) for a couple gaming and a default settings. I use gaming - over clocked + auto fan, gaming - OC +Man Fan, and Default

This will save the hassle of setting everything manually & you can select the profile from your task bar on the CCC icon.