Games crashing/freezing after new GTX 1060 6GB installation

Sukkafish

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
I just recently got my new GTX 1060 6gb 4 days ago and i've been trying to play some games that were previously not comfortably playable due to low FPS. The FPS in these games are now fine (Planetside 2, NBA 2k17) but they are now unplayable due to frequent freezing/crashing. While playing PS2, the game will occasionally freeze for 10 seconds then continue playing, but sometimes also cause my computer to black screen and never reboot unless i manually restart it. On NBA2k17 i cannot play more than 10 minutes due to the game either instantly crashing to desktop (almost as if i Alt-f4), or freezing for 10 seconds then crashing to desktop. I am assuming the problem is the graphics card since i recently installed it and it only recently started happening.

Sukkafish

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017

When you say "uninstall all of your video drivers" do you mean run it before rebooting into safe mode?

When you overclocked did you do a 24 hour minimum prime 95 run torture test.
Some games are a lot more sensitive to overclocking than others.
I normally do 36-48 hour torture test before I put one into operation after fine tuning my overclocks.
But my machines crunch 24/7/365 @97-100% load. with a 15-30 second break between work units, which could be hours or days.

Sukkafish

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017

Are you talking CPU/RAM OC or GPU? Ive had the CPU/RAM OC running fine for months now. And as for the GPU, even without my current OC, the games still do the same thing.

Sukkafish

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
Well, your earlier solution worked perfectly. Right as i got into the game i noticed that a common texture glitch (players hair being see through) no longer was present, as well as being able to play through an entire game without a crash. Thanks man.