[SOLVED] Games crashing to desktop randomly

Jan 8, 2020
PC Specs : CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit, Black (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)
GPU : MSI Ventus RTX 2080 OC Edition
Drives: M.2 SSD / Normal SSD / HDD
PSU : Bronze rated 550W Corsair
Mobo:ASUS Prime X470-Pro

Issue: I recently swapped out my gtx 1070 to and rtx 2080 and then a week later swapped my ram from 16gb to 32 .

Then some random blue screens started happening and when it got more often I have reinstalled windows , after reinstalling windows Blue screens stopped , but now I cannot play any game for more then 30 minutes it just locks and crashes to desktop without any errors ... I am really frustrated with all the money I've put into this system for it not to work , I would really appreciate any help and thanks in advance !

BTW Chipset and mobo drivers up to date did a ddu uninstall and reinstalled nvidia drivers and ran a mem diagnostic which was fine without any errors .

AND ALSO From what I recall games weren't crashing like that before windows re install

Last edited:
Solution
Hey I was having the exact same problem, 2700x CPU can only handle a speed of 2933 MHz for the ram (according to AMD website), you can't use the 3200MHz that the ram speed is at which sucks but that fixed the problem for me.
Jan 8, 2020
Hey I was having the exact same problem, 2700x CPU can only handle a speed of 2933 MHz for the ram (according to AMD website), you can't use the 3200MHz that the ram speed is at which sucks but that fixed the problem for me.

Solution