PSU - cooler master 650watt
CPU - intel i7 9700k
GPU - AMD RX 5700 XT
Ram - Corsair 8gb 3200 x2
Motherboard - Asus z390-f
HDD 1tb - docs
SSD 120gb - os
SSD - ADATA Xpg SX 8200 pro m.2 - games/applications

This build is only 2 months old brought motherboard with ram and processor preinstalled. I originally had a gtx 1650 graphics card but thought that was the issue so returned it. And there is no over locking involved.

What I've tried:
I have ran a memory diagnostic test with no errors.
A intel processor diagnostic test (can't remember the name of it) no errors.
I've try using newest drivers and a few previous drivers (for the gtx 1650) using DDU.
I've updated all drivers including bios.
Reinstalled windows (havn't tried since changing to new graphics card).
Checked directX was up to date ( dx12).
Tried using directX repair tool.
For steam games I've does the game files check.
I've used heaven benchmark test that had no issues.
Used furmark test with no issues.
I also tried running the games with different settings.

Temps all seem low, 50-60°c

The issue:
When I was using the gtx 1650 games were freezing anywhere from 2 minutes into playing. Video froze but audio still played. Windows was still fine was able to minimize open other things etc. Whilst using unity it was also freeze but at the beginning of the issue was able to run using opengl but that later stopped working.

Two point hospital had a crash long saying access violation with model d3dll ( something along those lines unfortunately don't have the log anymore). It was also get blue and red artifacts on the main menu.
Kerbal space program was only able to see a log once and again said access violation.
GTA V crashed but would run in 'safe mode'.
Empire Earth 2 crashed late into a game and after reloading from save point would crash around the same time each time (possibly not related)

Since changing to the AMD graphics card most things seem to be fixed (was installed yesterday) I'm able to run unity, two point hospital doesn't have any artifacts and does crash after 2 hours of play. GTA I haven't installed again yet (slow internet). Empire Earth 2 runs several hours with no crash ( could load the save that was crashing as it was an auto save which has been overriten).
Kerbal space program I get a green screen and buzzing noise (twice now doing the same thing)

I think that's everything hope someone has any suggestions :) thanks in advance

Jun 21, 2020
what exact model is that psu?
test with another psu?
Sorry about the font above copied from Amazon. Just had it crash again but on two point hospital. Same thing green screen buzzing had to turn it off. Thinking you might be right about the power supply. Runs fine (relative) with no graphics card, froze with the gtx1650 now full crash with a more powerful card. Could it be possible the PSU isn't giving out 650 watts?