[SOLVED] Games crashing while playing at 4k on new system.

Oct 3, 2019
I recently updated my motherboard, cpu and gpu and since then games have been crashing while playing at 4k. They just close and anything in unreal engine gives me a crash report screen.

CPU = Intel Core i9 9900k

GPU = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 super (Evga FTW 3)

MB = MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

ram = Crucial Technology 4 x 8gb 1200Mhz DDR4

I am monitoring temps while gaming and nothing ever gets much hotter than 65/70c and usually sitting in the 50s (celsius)

Since updating every game I have played has crashed after what is seemingly a random amount of time.

Any help is welcome here, thanks for your time.

I have some crash dumps from Code vein but cant find how to attach them here?

Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, full clean install of windows 10 home and Nvidia drivers, updated MB bios and chip set drivers.

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
is the power supply.

This is also a new PSU.

The ram, case, cooling and SSD units are the only older components.

Oct 3, 2019
no blue screen. Unreal engine games have the unreal window pop up saying 'sorry it crashed and send report' other games just close.

I have the crash logs from Code Vein but not sure how to share it here.

Oct 3, 2019
I understand that completely.

The GPU is 100% up to date and all of the MB BIOS and most of the drivers are up to date, except the 'on-board VGA drivers' they won't install. it says 'This driver is only supports Windows 10 RS3 or above version. ' I am not sure what windows RS3 is.

Also i don;t think the on board VGA is needed with a card?

Oct 3, 2019
all 3 crashed out in a similar way just like an alt + tab to desktop. Destiny just closing with no pop up and BL3 and CV both are unreal engine, so they had the unreal engine crash pop up.

Ill grab a screen shot of the next crash pop up from UE.

Oct 3, 2019
CV-crash.jpg

Oct 3, 2019
I have tested this GPU in another computer and it didn't crash playing the same game at 4k. I am also out of ideas. Do you know anywhere i could post the crash logs to see if anyone could read them?