Question Games crashing

Jan 14, 2020
Recently,my games started crashing randomly,almost all the time.The crashes can happen 10 minutes in the game or just a bit after i start it.I am pretty sure drivers are fine,i reinstalled windows,and still nothing.I tried to stress test my components,but no crash ocured.I tested ram with memtest64,cpu with cinebench r20 and gpu with fur mark or something like that.All of the benchmarks did not crash or have any strange result.I bought the pc around 4 months ago,and the specs are:ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler,gtx 1660super from gainward,16gb ram corsair at 3200mhz with xmp,a 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd,520 psu from seasonic.Any help?

Apr 16, 2020
I have the same issue with a similar setup!
GPU: MSI Ventus 1660 6gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (stock cooler)
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz
Storage: 1tb Sandisk SSD Plus
Mobo; Gigabyte x570 gaming X
PSU: Lepa N 500w

I'm starting to think our meek PSU's might be the issue, but it's a guess.

Reactions: SnowFox47
Apr 16, 2020
I'm having similar issues with a similar system. Do you also get windows crashes? @legitmattress I think it's a PSU problem too

I actually just found my fix! sorry I didn't post here earlier but I wanted to make sure it was solid. I bought a new psu with around 300 watts more power than I needed and the problem persisted. To answer your question, I did occasionally get windows crashes but primarily just games exiting to desktop. It turned out the problem was related to memory instability. Saw on some steam forum that someone got rdr2 to stop crashing by disabling xmp. Tried it myself and it worked, albeit with a pretty noticeable performance hit. I wound up learning how to manually configure my ram in bios and that yielded the best result. Went with 16-18-18-18-36 timing at 1.4 volts. All the subtimings left on auto. Also gently oc'd my cpu to 4ghz at 1.4v as well. Everything has been working smoothly since then. No crashes and I'm getting 70 to 100 frames in bfv on ultra