Question games dont feel right

daba6796

Prominent
Jan 30, 2021
game performance doesnt feel the same

i upgraded my old motherboard from a MSI PRO B365M PRO-VDH LGA 1151 to a MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON LGA 1151

it seems like ever since upgrading ive been noticing little micro stutters and my games dont feel smooth like they used to. especially VALORANT. BUT, when i put gsync and vsync on it makes it better but i never used to have to do that. i remember always having gsync on but i never remember using vsync on shooter games.

i dont know for sure that its the new motherboard because i havent swapped back to the old one to make sure because id like to go through literally every other option before having to do that.

Ive made sure the bios is updated and the chipset. Ive also reseated the gpu and ram and none of that helped.

i just want to know if theres a way i can troubleshoot to see if theres a motherboard problem or troubleshoot to see if its something else.

daba6796

Prominent
Jan 30, 2021
What’s the full pc spec?
What slots is the RAM installed in?
CPU: i9-9900k
MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON LGA 1151
GPU: RTX 3070
Ram: 16gb 2666mhz - installed in the 2 and 4 slots (the ram is some old green ram i had in my old prebuilt. the reason i bought this new motherboard was to upgrade the ram in the future)

this first one i didnt do the shooting game thing at the end because it didnt go full screen for some reason- https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52002376

this second one i did do the shooting game thing at the end- https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52002410

this third one was without gsync enabled: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/52002524
Reboot and enter the bios.
Enable xmp.
Boot to windows and let it sit for a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.

daba6796

Prominent
Jan 30, 2021
That's looking better.

I suppose you could put the old mobo back and see what the results are.
Perhaps disable all unneeded background stuff and test the games see if some app is causing the stutter.
sooo somewhere along the line i <Mod Edit> up or something because now the pc doesnt turn on with either motherboard. on both motherboards, the “ez debug” leds blink white from CPU to DRAM back and forth. ive tried two different sets of 16gb ram and two cpus. the only thing thats made it boot one the new mobo is having the ram in the 3 and 4 slot and on the old mobo the only thing that made it boot was on the 1 and 2 slot. and i tried that with both cpus and both sets of ram and it boots like that. i tried lossening screws doesnt work. i put another post idk if you have suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
sooo somewhere along the line i <Mod Edit> up or something because now the pc doesnt turn on with either motherboard. on both motherboards, the “ez debug” leds blink white from CPU to DRAM back and forth. ive tried two different sets of 16gb ram and two cpus. the only thing thats made it boot one the new mobo is having the ram in the 3 and 4 slot and on the old mobo the only thing that made it boot was on the 1 and 2 slot. and i tried that with both cpus and both sets of ram and it boots like that. i tried lossening screws doesnt work. i put another post idk if you have suggestions.
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk.
Remove the gpu.
One stick of ram in the proper slot.
Test.

daba6796

Prominent
Jan 30, 2021
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk.
Remove the gpu.
One stick of ram in the proper slot.
Test.
yeah thats all we’ve been doing. we’ve tested all different combinations. with the old mobo we had it down out the case to the necessary cords and the cpu and ram. thats when we found out ram slots one and two work for that one