Question Games keep freezing but then comes back, speccy picture

Nov 10, 2019
Speccy pic: View: https://i.imgur.com/V6IkGMq.png

When I launch a game, like, Rocket league, TF2, Smite, ect, the game will freeze for about 10-20 seconds not allowing me to alt-tab then it will come back and the game will be responsive again. I've checked my cpu/gpu usage while this was happening once, and on my task manager everything looked normal. I really don't have a clue, also I replaced my CPU, RAM, PSU, and motherboard (thanks amazon) with exactly the same parts around 6 months ago, but even before that when I had my old parts (really the same parts just brand newer now) , it would still freeze, I thought maybe getting the same parts would somehow fix it (though that's not why I got them replaced)

anyway if someone can help me, i've been dealing with this for months. I'll try anything i'm desperate.
thanks

Nov 10, 2019
Are the games installed on the SSD or the external hard drive? If the games are installed on the SSD, how much free space is on the drive?

Hey thanks for the reply, my games are installed on my hard drive which has 370 GB free space, also only my game is the one not responding, everything else is as smooth as butter

Nov 10, 2019
The slowness is because you are loading a game off a USB drive. USB doesn't have nearly as much throughput as SATA. If you buy an internal hard drive and put your games on that, they will load much faster.

Huh? I didn't say anything about they're running slow or booting up slowly, my games just randomly freezes every 20-25 mins or so, unless if you meant freezing then unfreezing instead of slowness

Nov 10, 2019
Anytime they have to access that drive, the game may seem to freeze. If there is a Hard Drive activity light on the external you may be able to verify.

Most of my programs/files are stored on the external hard drive so the light on the external hard drive goes off about 5 times every second, even with game games closed. So you think it's the external hard drive that's making my games freeze for 15~ seconds then, unfreeze?

Nov 10, 2019
Give details. What game? What part of the game?

TF2, but happens on all games. Part of the game, I haven't really saw a pattern of which causes the freeze, It just seems to be random, could be 25-45 mins until I get a freeze, or it can be within 10 mins. If there's anything I can do to help, like somehow get any type of logs, I'll do it. I just don't know where to look.

Nov 10, 2019
The next time it freezes, exit the game and run an internet speed test, such as https://fast.com/ or https://www.speedtest.net/#.

Also pay attention to any particular time of day it freezes more than others.

I'm 99% sure it's not my internet, the game process itself is not responding. I can't ALT-TAB when the game is frozen. So I can't really close it, or use task manager to close it because it won't let me ALT-TAB until 15-20 seconds, until it's unfrozen